Sunday's Group 2 Race - All of It

I just want to say to Tracy Hazards: you are awesome!

First and foremost, damn fine driving and great heads up staying out of the carnage! The driver of the #70 car clearly did it wrong, twice and cost some fine people a bunch of $$. Not only that, subsequent wreck endured by Mike Tripp could have been drastically worse than it was.

Tracy's commentary is priceless! It looks like 70 had 3 pretty huge lapses in judgement in 1/2 a lap.

I hope she got to talk with the Steward about her observations, because the commentary certainly describes the incidents in 2 and 2b with total recall.

Tracy's video gives a much better perspective of the initial incidents than my own. Since I do not have an editing package, it is being shown fully. I did not specifically tell her or Tom that I was going to post it for all to see when the loaded it on my SD card and I have no way of getting their permission. I truly hope I have not over-stepped in assuming they would not object. Should anyone feel my posting of this is inappropriate, please let me know and I will gladly kill the link to my vimeo account. I just felt (and I am a pretty new racer) that the driver of the 70 car was totally responsible for at least two avoidable contact incidents - and I certainly agree with Colin that if Mike Tripp was another car length down the track he is into the white concrete and not mother earth. They say in racing you learn fast who you can race clean with...I now know what that really means!

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of drivers in that group raced past the black flag at 6 and 7 before checking up going into 8.

Group 2

Hello to all ,

Just a few things to say, First off Im really thankful that everyone in crashes this
weekend were more shaken up than hurt. I was sooo worried about Mike T after seeing and hearing that crash. Secondly, I appologize for my potty mouth in the car, I forgot the camera was rolling. The officials did view my video in my trailer after the race with the driver of # 70, so If he didn't see my "gestures" in the car he did hear how I felt about his driving. This is my first year of racing and I had no intentions of keeping up to the fast and crazy, but I guess that didn't happen quite that way this year. I have also had my share of bumps,spins and even managed to flip my car on its side at Pacific. lol.. anyhow, thanks to all track workers for keeping us drivers safe and Im soo very sorry you guys & gals had to deal with some really stupid driving this weekend. IF you want to view my video I have posted an edited version on youtube at :" tbhaz "

Tracey Hazard.

Last edited:
Hey Bill, Not worried at all about you posting the video.
ps. It was great getting to know you & your family this weekend, and the great play on track !
See ya in Portland !!

Hey thanks Tracy. Really enjoyed getting to know you and Tom better and it was nice going out to dinner with all of us. Registered for the Mission race in September and requested paddock #86....hope I can secure it. Any help there would be appreciated. Really hope to see you in Portland. Will be at Pacific this weekend with SCCA and will see if the tranny makes it through another weekend. Ultimately deleted post to your video just because it seemed like the right thing to do and all. Tried to find yours on Youtube but can't seem to locate it...perhaps you can copy and paste the direct link.

Hey Bill, for some reason trying to post the link from youtube isn't working for me.
If you type tbhaz in the search bar it should come up for you ?? you could also look
for it by title "Pacific Raceway Military salute grand prix".

ooh Bill, I just got a chance to watch your entire video. Man oh Man I don't know who's video is more entertaining, your's or mine ??
love this part, " Tracey, your blinker,your blinker,tracey blinker, blinker" hahaha... or " Im in front of her, Im ahead of her, Im 11 she's 12 !! "

It is funny how some people talk in the car, and others don't. I loved Tracy's running commentary as the crimes mounted, and Bill also was entertaining. Hard as it probably is to believe from my demeanor on this forum, I almost never utter a word while driving; I didn't even say anything when I got punted.

Now just so I don't get a reputation for talking to myself non stop, I was on radio with crew while we were waiting for re start. My crew was sitting in the
stands at this point with Mike T , so I was replaying the whole thing ( F bombs and all) to them. I really wanted them to get officials attention and get this
guy out of the race! I was freaking out about having to possibly pass the guy at some point. lol..
I did flip my car in T6 on Friday and didn't say a word until my final landing. lol...

Last edited:
You flipped your car on Friday and still raced it on Sunday... Can you please give me a play by play on how you achieved that?

well.... I was at turn 6 when all of a sudden my steering wheel broke off ! the car when drivers right into the gravel but it was still going to fast when
i hit the grassy area, it turned the car just enough to hit the embankment on the passenger side and flipped the car onto drivers side.
The damage was minor, pulled off the front fenders and banged out the bumps,replaced the mirrors.It threw out the set up 1/4 of an inch. I only missed
one 20 min session and I was good to go !! damage to myself was buising all up my legs and buttocks from the impact i guess, swollen collarbone and broken
finger nail !! lol... Again, Love those track workers. They were at my car as fast as It took me to climb out the passenger window.
As far as the steering wheel coming off, whomever put my car together before we bought it did a really ****ty welding job!! check,and check again when you buy a race ready car is the lesson we learned from that experience. oh and NO I didn't have the camera running for that one : (

Miata's seem to have the ability to do barrel rolls and other strange things on the track then race later in the day... just sayin not rare.. :) :)

Back