Sports Racers..

Vintage911

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to know if there are any sports racers (Stohrs, West, Radicals, Fusion etc.) running with ICSCC.
I live in Calgary and am thinking of picking up a sports racer but with the likely demise of the race track in Calgary, I am looking at what alternatives there will be for racing in the west and if I will have anyone to play with..

Thanks,

Peter

Dick Boggs would be a good person to answer this. He runs a Stohr as FSR ( our DSR ) in Group 6 and is also a Vice President of ICSCC. Al Carton runs an FSR but I can't recall the car type at the moment. Al is the IRDC Rep. to the ICSCC Executive Board. Two really super guys to know in the ICSCC racing world. In addition, there are 2 C/SR's running along with 2 S-2's.

We used to have a Radical racing out of Oregon but he sorta vanished.

I do know that Fusion has a 'cash paying' series planned to run with ICSCC in 2010 and they will be in Group 6. And, if they haven't sold the first 6 cars for the series yet, you get an $8,000 discount.. good deal and neat car.

http://fusionracecars.com/contents/en-ca/d116.html

The Fusion would also make a great car for entering the 2 ICSCC Enduros also.

JOIN THE CLUB! The more sports racers the BETTER!! There are normally about 16 to 24 cars racing in Group 6 (which includes sports racers and Formula Libre). It's a really, really FINE group of drivers that you'll have fun with.

P.S.
I've talked to a number of Formula car drivers in your area who are also looking at racing in ICSCC in 2010. You guys could get quite a convoy going! There are also a number of prep shops down here who could store cars for you during the season. But I appreciate that it's difficult to be seperated from your cars for long periods.

Last edited:
There are two more of us building sports racers, hopefully out by mid season. both cars will be ICSCC CSR's, one turbo 1300 cc, one 1996 cc V8 NA.

I hope we have a good turnout this year for sports racers. Here is the tentitive lineup
Dave Bennitt Amac
Al Carton Cheetah
Jay Hardy Cheetah
Lindsay Dimick Amac
Kenn Atkinson S2 converson to F/D SR
Lee F Elden C/SR
Gale Whitestine Tiga C S/R
Ray Stec S2
Herman Pahls Home built Hyabusa powered car
JImmie Blackwell had his Argo JM 16 at the last Seattle race Bucik V-6 B S/R
usually 6-7 Legend cars that run in E S/R
Couple of sports 2's that show up in Portland and on occasion a Norma and few spec Fords
Mike Phillips Cheetah is in the Portland area but the new owner only runs SCCA
The problem is getting everone to the track at the same time. This year looks a lot better then last year. Almost forgot, Me in the Stohr WF1

Watching that Argo was very cool. I hope we see it again, perhaps as more of a blur. It brought a nostalgic tear to my mind's eye.

Bring it out, Group 6!

Rich, don't forget 'mad dog' Lathrop in his Indy car. I hope he makes it out this season to entertain us all!

I think there is a bit for development needed for the new Formula Mad Dog March. Catching fire before finishing it's first ever lap is not a good start, but I hear that he'll be at it again sometime soon. ;{)

Back