Spokane Update

greg_coffin

Just 4 more weeks until the green flag flys at Spokane County Raceway.

Last year, with over 450 entries, Spokane was the ICSCC's largest race weekend.

All but one Class Champion raced at Spokane, along with more Championship qualifiers than any other event.

Spokane fielded the largest group 3 race in 2011.

At $425.00/585.00 race entry and $185.00 novice entry we are the lowest cost racing in the Northwest.

Free Pizza, free beer, and a band.

Start/Finish has been moved and there is now over 800 feet of line of sight from the exit of turn 9 to S/F.

NWMS has been working closely with the new track management. We have purchased, or have had donated 190 barriers, the majority of which have been painted (thanks SOVREN EAST) and permanently placed so we are no longer faced with a pre/post-race construction project. In addition the County has constructed a new storage building and sewer system. The new sewage system necessitated ripping up some of the paddock and replacing it with new tarmack. This along with the new managements efforts to patch the existing pavement has resulted in about a 80% reduction of those lovely holes in our paddock and pregrid.

We are expecting a fair number of racers from Calgary this year as Race City closed in 2011, so there should be some new faces and cars to compete against.

Finally we will continue to offer a "Special Race" format that anyone car can enter and anyone can win. This years Hare and Hound (Australian Pursuit Race) will feature a standing stage start with seperate races for open and closed wheel groups........and I may even have a couple more Rolexeees up my sleeve for the winners.

Very amazing event last year and I'm double entered again this year... I can't wait to get out there and really pumped about S/F being moved. If you weren't top 10 in your group you had a huge disadvantage due to watching the green drop and stuck creeping thru turns (I passed quite a few people before s/f in the back as many didn't know it was green).

You guys do throw a great event especially with free food and beverages... 3 PRO44s are already signed up and I know a 4th is for sure since he's sharing a hotel room with me.

Oh yeah... had a great weekend last year. This year we'll actually tow out on Thursday so I can run the full 3 days. Currently only single entered but with the low double entry fee I might have to add Group 5 too. Looking forward to it!

Colin - The one I've been telling the PRO44 guys about is $60ish for the Ramada at the airport. Go to hotwire.com and put in spokane airport... the first choice that's a 3star hotel should be the ramada.

I just searched 7/12-7/15 and it came up for $64 (i booked it for $61 earlier this week).

If you or anyone else has never used hotwire or priceline for these types of deals I suggest reading up on this website [ http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=645& as it has a ton of info to make sure when you bid so to speak you get the location you want.

I don't think you can beat under $70 anywhere!

How I hate websites like that..

"Your hotel will be revealed to you after you book it."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

edit: Kayak.com is surprisingly helpful! Got the Ramada at the airport (where I stayed last year and love it) for $81/night. Thank you Mike for reminding me to use these types of websites!

Last edited:
Less than $100 per race (if you double enter). How can you beat that?

The Spokane weekend is definitely one of my favorite events of the year. I can't wait.

My son (Evan) and I will once again be making the trek from Charlotte, North Carolina for this event! Cannot wait to see all our friends - and engage in some spirited, motorsport battles!

Last year's triple was simply the best run event I have ever been at. Yes, I am a NWMS member but let me assure you that I contributed absolutely NOTHING to the event other than entering.

Thank for the hotwire tip mike... the same 2-bed room at the Ramada was almost $20/night cheaper on Hotwire than other reservation sites.

Yeah we are all there..... I foresee late night video laughs and data reviews... I'll volunteer our room since its 100% man cave.

For anyone needing a hotel for the Spokane Race:

Hampton Inn
2010 S. Assembly Road, Spokane WA
untitled.JPG
$99.00 per night

Mention "Spokane County Raceway" for discount.

FYI I called the Airport Ramada direct and got $68 plus tax. All the usual sites had them at $78 plus their high service fees plus tax. I think you can book it for $62 on the blind site Hotwire plus their fees and taxes. You must pay it all upfront and no cancellation though. I just told them I was a racer and they gave me this very good rate and I pay upon arrival or can cancel if necessary.

Back