Spokane Tripple Race Weekend

Blair R

Hello all,

I just wanted to post a few comments on the the Spokane triple race weekend. We came down from Calgary, what a great drive. Very scenic and it went by really fast too! We arrived at the track Wednesday to a warm reception, got through tech and we were ready for the dial in day. We
had a huge fun time on Thursday, met tons of nice people and got the car working good. As some of you know the Db Police and I started a relationship that I was hoping to avoid. without the help of George Doran, Dave Gaylord and Randy Blaylock we would not have turned a wheel but
with their help we got to an acceptable Db level. I have to mention here that the officials were very willing to do what ever they could to help us out with "hardship laps" aiding us to get to an acceptable Db level and finally we did. Thanks to all of you who helped us out, very gracious of
you all.

Racing on the track layout was wicked fun! fast, some great corners and very tricky in some spots. After the race on Saturday I had a smile on my face that didn't leave for a few days. The race was organized very well, the Pizza was a nice touch to be sure and all in all the food at the
track was great! it's so cool to see and be involved in a well run race weekend, all of you in NWMS should be proud, very well done. And a thank you as well needs to go to Spokane County for having the fortitude to be an owner of a race track, community support for auto racing...very
refreshing.

Sadly we could not stay for Sundays racing but I am sure it was just as good as the days previous. Recalling the race we were in, I have to say the corner workers had a really good view of the racing. I think I exchanged the lead 8 times in the first 10 laps, extremely exciting to drive and
watch from the cockpit.

We did post a video on youtube; ICSCC Group 3, Spokane NWMS host short version. it is of the first 10 laps, about 12 minutes, I have been trying to get the whole race posted but am having some difficulties doing so. The only bad thing for us
was the gravel and golf ball sized rocks that got kicked up on the track surface near the start finish line! I could not get out of the way of it. Broke a new carbon front wing, damaged my helmet and ripped off the air vents on the helmet and
destroyed a new visor. If there was one thing that I could change it would be what surrounds the track, specifically the run off areas.

In closing, I did join NWMS club and the ICSCC and will no doubt be spending more time down with you in the ICSCC, so far from what we have seen, you the members and the officials make racing with you very hard to resist. Kudos to you all, very very well done. Hope to see you all
again before the year is out.

Thanks for having us.

Regards,

Blair Robertshaw

Last edited:
We really enjoyed having you guys down in Spokane !!! Great video with both front and rear facing cameras :) .. I think there will be a few more open wheel cars next year .

Mike

Thanks again guys, I hope we bring 5 more OW cars next year! it's an easy tow and a great fun track to drive. Rick, we are racing a Pro Formula Mazda in the video. it looks like we can make it south again in about 2 weeks! Any recommendations as to which track we should go to? ORP looks to be really
interesting! Is that the track that RB was racing in the FM for the first time? That track looks like a ton of fun! You guys are very fortunate in that you have so many tracks to choose from that are relatively close to each other.

Blair R

Glad to be able to help with the welding. I used to debate bringing the rigs, but seem to be able to help at least a couple racers per weekend stay in the game, so it's a regular item in my packing routine now.

My FM footage is from Pacific Raceways. I plan to run the car again in the Sept 24/25 race weekend at Pacific along with Craig Schrontz, so there will be at least two FM cars, maybe Gaylord will run too to make three. Heck, maybe we can rattle the bushes and get George and a few others to attend as well.

There are four FM cars at Portland this weekend.

ORP is a fantastic circuit, I can't imagine the ride there in a formula car, highly recommend you give it a try if the logistics work for you.

Blair,

Glad you had a great time. As I told you Spokane is probably one of the most welcoming places I have had the honour of racing and as an aside I too benefited from Randy's welder last year. 2 Calgary racers save by Mr. Blaylock's MIG!

Sorry we could not make it but my Pro3 ride proved went "mechanical" a few days before :(

Anthony
Calgary, AB

Back