Spokane registration continues to be under review??

Bill Bonsell

I registered for Spokane almost 3 weeks ago. My registration is still showing pending and my name, etc is missing from the entrant list on motorsportsreg. I have sent 3 emails to the appropriate registrar for this event, but have heard zero back.....As this is my first Spokane registration, am I missing something here? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Bill,
Was it a mail or fax in entry ? If so there are several of them that came it that are not posted on Motorsportsreg . If you registered on Motorsportsreg I can check into that tomorrow.

Mike

Hey Mike...
Actually I did register on motorsportsreg.com.........If you can verify that would be great. Still not 100% committed to going but definitely want the entry to be counted as received. Thanks...

Bill-

Mike, while you're at it!

I registered for the 3 ITA races (group 5) and that shows accurately on the registration list, however it also shows me registered for G9 special e-Hare race which I did not register for.

Colin,
You registered for ITA for Friday thru Sunday and it added you to the Hare and Hound race ? I will check into that as well.
I am sure we are going to have to do a bit of sorting since this is a 3 day race weekend with some specials thrown in.

Mike

Stealing my own thread here, but just how long and hard of a tow is it from say Tacoma over I-90......mileage?.....motor home pulling an enclosed trailer......5 hours - 6 hours? Thanks....

Stealing my own thread here, but just how long and hard of a tow is it from say Tacoma over I-90......mileage?.....motor home pulling an enclosed trailer......5 hours - 6 hours? Thanks....

Most folks get off of I-90 at exit 272. I'll leave the rest of the math to you. The mile posts start with 1 in Seattle.

Google Maps says 290 miles from Tacoma to Airway Heights .. It estimates you travel time to be 5 hours by car. Depending on traffic I would say at least 6 towing over the pass and then the Vantage grade. It all depends on if you can get out of the greater Seattle area before the traffic gets bad.

If you were further South I know some people who take the White Pass way. You only climb one pass then miss the Vantage section by taking the road by Prosser and the Nuke site.

Mike

Last edited:
Bill,

I spent many a years pulling a trailer over Snoqualmie along with others with rigs as big or bigger than yours to race in Yakima or State Line in Idaho. Unless one has a diesel or big gasser they may experience a bit ot slowing before Snoqualmie. Vantage as well but who cares there as the scenery is spectacular. Those who blast along miss it. After that it was pretty smooth sailing. In fact you'll want to keep your eye on the speedo. For us the return was easier with better gas milage. All in all a pretty peaceful drive, plenty of places to take a break and nice rest stops.

As for how long we always figure to average 60 miles traveled per hour which almost always works out to be fairly spot on no matter how much faster we go from time to time along the way. Five to six hours from your place with stops should do it. No matter how long, be sure to take Hwy. 18 like your going to Pacific Raceway all the way to I-90. This will allow you to bypass all the I-5 - 405 mess and traffic, save you some time and stop in Covington just after Pacific to pick up anything you may have forgotten.

Be sure to check the below sites before you leave for any construction delays. If by chance there are delays you'll know ahead of time rather than not know what is going on which for some is a mental drain. Don't need that as the Spokane race is a most enjoyable adventure.

Be well,
Jim Venable

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/wa.htm Traffic page.

And be ready for the Cle Elum Lollygag on the way back on Sunday night. It's about an hour of stop and go traffic for no apparent reason. Much like the Nisqually-Lewis Filibuster coming back from PIR on summer Sunday evenings.

A couple of weeks ago for SOVERN, I left Olympia at 8am and with a gas stop in Elensburg and a gas stop at the Petro at exit 272, and speedo locked on 70 mph, I arrived at the track in Spokane at 2:45pm. On the way back the only slow up was at the construction east bound from the Cle Lum scales to the foot of Hiake mtn. Take exit 272, xros frwy, take first right, then first left, then stright up the road about 5 miles to the traffice lit at the Casio, then left 1/2 mile to entrance to track. WELCOME TO SPOKANE RACEWAYS.. See you all there.

Back