Spokane 2012 - Race Video Thread.

With help from Colin, here is the Sunday Group 5 race from Karen's yellow RX7. As I said before, I apologize for all the vibration. Just turn up the volume and pretend it is one of those IMAX movies where the seats shake (only with much worse video quality).

It was fun to see two friends in such a closely matched race. Now it's time to find a way to cut another 80 lbs out of her car so she can get a little edge next time she races Jeff.

Mike

No need to worry about that till Mission. I will be driving at the Ridge, that alone will add 80 lbs to my car.

Hi Colin, thanx for posting the video. My camera battery died in pre-grid so the only video I have is from your camera. Great racing with you, look forward to the next time.

A few more vids from last weekend. Here is Saturday's ITS race... Matt & I planned to start in the back together, but his timing belt snapped on pre grid so his weekend was over.

First - Here's the cheesy iMovie trailer I made... thought i would try it out and hopefully you all see my sense of humor in here.

Here's the good footage... especially the first 2-3 laps you can tell I'm really motivated to pass everyone. Thanks to all for great close racing...

Thanks Mike. Ya, half a hearbeat about sums it up doesn't it?

I just returned from the Chump Car race at Spokane, and Saturday they had a car hit the Turn 2 station. I did not see the station, but I saw the car, and it looked like it was a good thing Turn 2 was unmanned at the time.

Talk about half a heartbeat if you were in the station.

Mike

Mike, I think the call would have been "Alert Turn2....Abandoning station". And yes, half a heartbeat is all the time you have to run. That's why no one in my turn sits when cars are on course. You can start running faster when you are standing.
I have been chased out of turn stations and it can be terrifying. I'm glad that this one was unmanned.

Here's a fun, video short that my son - Evan York - put together.

He ran the #374 Neon in Group(s) 2 & 5.

As a related aside, I gotta say; it's great to see my kid racing amongst friends and competitors that have known him since he was a wee lad.

ICSCC drivers are some of the very the best!

http://vimeo.com/46560058

Here's a fun, video short that my son - Evan York - put together.

He ran the #374 Neon in Group(s) 2 & 5.

As a related aside, I gotta say; it's great to see my kid racing amongst friends and competitors that have known him since he was a wee lad.

ICSCC drivers are some of the very the best!

Cool video. Having a piece of "clag" hit your kill switch? Wow...

Having rubber hit and turn off a kill switch doesn't happen often, but I have seen it happen before. A GTP car during an IMSA qualifying session many years ago at Portland had a fist-sized wad of rubber flip up and turn off his kill switch coming down the back straight. Happily he was able to coast into the pits and get it turned back on. There is something to be said for having those switches inside the cockpit.

Back