Special Race brainstorm

That is funny Steve!
50 cars is approx 1/4 of the total entries on a big race week-end, so while those drivers are happy Randy, and the club is happy, many of the other 75% are not. I haven't raced enough the last 2 seasons to really care one way or another, but my opinions have always leaned toward the majority. The drivers already pay more at PR than anywhere else, for less track time, so gladly giving up another 5 minutes of that track time for these special events does not sit well for many out there.
These events are now givens and will continue, but adding more time and possible pit stops to these races does not fit within the hours we have available. Perhaps at other tracks, maybe the Ridge, but not PR. BTW, I know just how far IRDC has been into the black these last few years, and they would still be there even without these 2 special races.
Thinking outside the box as they say is fine, but seeing both sides is also important, in my always and forever humble opinion anyway...

Wes,

You seem very angry and clearly have some pent up feelings towards special races and the clubs utilization of track time that you would like to get off your chest. I would welcome you in doing such but will you please click on "New Thread" for that debate? My opinion regarding practice time is directly contrary to yours and I also feel I'm leaned towards the majority so that topic and debate should stand on its own. This brainstorming thread, intended for cultivating ideas and for off season fun should remain true to its creative intentions.

Please and thank you.

Damnit I need to get back to work but I had a great idea!

While Wes brings up a good point about track time how about this idea??!!

A Special Race Weekend!

A Whole weekend dedicated to special races! 1 hour sprint with driver change, Japanese Touring, German Touring, Ride Alongs, Road Course Bracket racing!... Oh My!

I don't know if it would generate enough "buzz" but since IRDC didn't have a spring Enduro maybe a "Spring Special Race Bonanza" is just what we need to dust off our cobwebs?! Something to think about as this year develops.

Updated my avatar, is that better Steve?

Maybe we should start the discussion about revenues or losses per group again. That could be fun.

Last edited:
Back