Spec Miata project Car

I have a '91 Spec Miata that would be a very cheap project car. It is a fully completed Spec Miata car with a Ken Muth fabricated front-half of the cage (the roll bar is an Autopower), and has a strong engine. Tech inspectors always commented on how nicely prepared the car was. The catch? Well, the car is wrecked.

I crashed the car in the kink at Pacific Raceways about four years ago. I was in third place overall in a fourty-plus car field, when I had a brain-fade moment and got slightly off-line in the kink, hydroplaning into the inside barriers.

The car needs the right rear pulled out on a frame rack, and possibly the nose is also pushed over slightly. Other than the right rear corner, the car doesn't actually need much bodywork at all. The parts to fix it are part of the deal - I have all four corner's suspension, and both front and rear subframes in case those are bent. The Mazdaspeed suspesion parts are undamaged.

My intention was to fix the car and get back on track again, but I seem to have lost interest in racing for the time being. I am getting married soon and will be moving, so the car needs to go!

Also available is a very nice tandem axle trailer that is perfect for a small car like the Miata, and that can be incuded in the deal for the right price. This car could be fixed fairly cheaply, and then you would have a good race car, or it could be a really fun trackday car. You could even part it out and make some money on it.

Make me an offer! I can be reached at carl dot hatfield at comcast dot net.

Carl Hatfield

Here are some pictures. The ones of the car on the trailer (which could be part of the deal) are just after it got crashed, the ones in the garage are of the car as it sits now. The front fenders are off (I have another RF fender), the bumper covers are under the rear of the car, and all the suspension and subframe parts are also under the car.

033.JPGView attachment 734Picture 011.jpgPicture 012.jpg

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 336
Was actually thinking about this car over the weekend believe it or not, any shots of the cage? Might know someone interested in a project SM.

Here are some pictures of the cage. The front downtubes go through the dash vents to the floor, and of course it has the NASCAR door bars.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 287
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 269
Hey, what type of Rear End and what do you have for wheel ?? Im very interested, just hit a wall in Mission with mine today : ( Not fixable !
Tracey.

The rear end is the 1.6 diff with the Mazdaspeed limited-slip. I have one set of wheels that were brand new the weekend I crashed the car (but they were not on the car when the wreck happened). They are Kazeras purchased from the Tire Rack.

Sorry to hear you wrecked your car!

Sorry to hear of your incident Tracy. Do you have video of your Mission weekend as I will be there in September. Rose Cup was a blast.

Bill

everyone running for points should If its possible. Im a very lucky girl ! If I didn't have a spare I wouldn't have got another 1st place this weekend. lol....

Back