South Lake European Grand Prix - Fantastic!

Greg Miller

Please support our sponsors! This race was a huge success from my viewpoint.
Over 160 first entries, 240 total entries and in spite of the small paddock area I only saw 2 cars parked in the dirt.
That says a lot about the cooperation of the attendees.

Where do I start on the recap?!
Weather - fantastic
Turn out - epic - including Grps 3 & 6 and a lot of 700# stock cars
Racing - close and clean
National anthem - that was one to set the bar- wow! (Thanks Bob Warner and quartet)
Worker turnout and performance - professional as always - we can't thank you enough!

Sign me one happy club president! :)

Everyone did amazing work this weekend. I saw a ton of trailer shuffling Friday late to make room for more cars and just cozy work.

The group1 first session didn't set a great tone to the weekend but it was fantastic the rest of the weekend. I love this format even if it makes the quali on Saturday more of a practice session. I was able to run groups 1,5 & 8 which had me never take the suit off all day!

Thanks to everyone who made this happen, southlake European (they have done work on my PRO3) and the great group of PRO3 racers!

That sure was a spectacular weekend. I'm working on video now. Qualified on overall pole by .002 seconds and then Jon Wilson snatch victory from the clutches of defeat by only .06 seconds. DAMN YOU TORQUE! NEMESIS!!!

Someday I'm gonna show up to the track with more than 116hp.. just you wait! :)

I love the hell out of that schedule as well. If my car had broken on Sunday morning (which I thought it had) I wouldn't have been mad because of the awesome racing I had on Saturday.

Last edited:
Back