Senseless tragedy report: John Zupan

Stories like this one angers me to one end and yet there are elected officials who want to open up the boarders. RIP.

Stories like this one angers me to one end and yet there are elected officials who want to open up the boarders. RIP.

This comment is rather inappropriate unless you have data shows immigrants have a greater propensity to drive while intoxicated. Otherwise this is a drunk driving issue that has nothing to do with immigration policy.

The report states that the gentleman was placed on an immigration hold. This status suggests he does not have a legal right according to the laws of the United States to be within it's sovereign borders, i.e. he shouldn't have been present on the scene to begin with, intoxicated or not.

Of course that's a massive over-simplification of a hugely complex issue that's loaded with all kind of baggage, yet it is in fact still a legitimate question that's more or less meaningful depending upon one's world view.

For purposes of this thread, perhaps that side of the equation should be left in the background, and the focus left on the good that John Zupan brought to the world in his time.

The report states that the gentleman was placed on an immigration hold. This status suggests he does not have a legal right according to the laws of the United States to be within it's sovereign borders, i.e. he shouldn't have been present on the scene to begin with, intoxicated or not.

I agree that the individual in question should not have been here and read that in the report. I don't see how that opens an opportunity to make a broad statement regarding immigration policy. I apologize for taking this thread off track, but I would really appreciate it if similar statements not be posted on this board in the future.

This comment is rather inappropriate unless you have data shows immigrants have a greater propensity to drive while intoxicated. Otherwise this is a drunk driving issue that has nothing to do with immigration policy.

There isn't any data because when these AVOIDABLE acts happen, the illegal will just be deported - no charges, nothing. I have personally been involved in two accidents with illegals and both times they were held by INS and deported within a week. One of those times, an illegal sent my boss through his windshield of his Bimmer and he had months of rehab and still isn't right. The illegal, who was drunk as a skunk, was deported and my Boss was left massive bills and constant pain still to this day - NO JUSTICE. The other accident was minor but the illegal had 2lbs of blow in his car and was held for less than 2 weeks and then deported haha.

I sincerely hope that John and his family receive justice because that's all they are left with :( - That was my point is that no one seems to care when it comes to illegals committing crimes anymore. They're handed a paper and a bus ride back to Mexico and it starts all over.

Last edited:
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."--Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zupans-Markets/135795536449677

John Zupan.jpg

I don't believe they will send this one back to Mexico when he is guilty of manslaughter. Didn't know this man nor do I recall ever visiting one of his stores, but obviously Kenny and others knew him and felt the need to post this report of yet another needless death.
This illegal immigration issue is huge and has to be addressed more forcefully by our government, but truly this isn't the time or place to do that.

^ I agree. It was more of a "shaking my head and doing a face palm at the whole situation" post then anything. It's just frustrating when this kind of stuff happens :(

Back