Senior License

blandt

OW Racer
I have been racing my 84 Anson SA4 for a number years now and hold a current ICSCC senior license. Due to a leaking fuel cell that maybe non-repairable and the prospect of getting a custom cell made I might only get one race in this year if I am lucky. If I only do one race or if it turns out I can't race at all this year is there any issues with getting a 2014 senior license?

Thanks,
Tim Bland
84 Anson SA4

If you only race once this year, there is no problem renewing your license AND keeping your number for 2014. If you don't race this year but you did last year, and you renew for 2014, you might be able to renew your number but you will be renewing a senior license and not getting "observed." (I've sat out a full season twice since getting a senior license, is how I know.)

Tim,

Is the fuel cell so bad it cannot be repaired. Yes I know about replacement (in theory) every 5 years but, a LOT of guys on Apexspeed have had them repaired.

There's one up in Canada that's doing just SUPER work. You actually mail it to their offices in Michigan.

David Rugh has given me a contact in California that refurbishes and repairs fuel cells. I will be pulling the cell tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Tim Bland
84 Anson SA4

Tim- sorry to hear about your skimpy racing season, but Steve is correct in that you only need to have completed one race during the season to continue with your senior license in 2014.

The cell was sent for repair. I should have it back within the month. Thanks to everyone that posted replies.

Tim Bland
84 Anson SA4

Would participating as a co-driver in one of the Mini Enduros during a race weekend satisfy the minimum one race requirement to maintain one's license and number?

Back