See Honda, you ARE doing it wrong! :rant:

If it helps i'm slowly putting together a ITA/EP vw gti...its not a honda but it will be fun haha

I would tend to agree with some of the statements above about getting the knowledge out to the honda crowd. Bring the race cars to the honda meets and talk with people. There are always a small group of honda guys at most track days I have been to, I can't see them not getting into racing with how you guys ran at ORP

To rallytuned: Sweet, can't wait to see you on track!

Tom: Honestly I know I directed my rant towards Hondas but that is primarily because I think the company of Honda needs to go back to the 1990's version of themselves. After 2002 (with exception of S2000) Honda Motor Company essentially turned in Toyota for all intents and purposes. My rant should have been focused on ITA/SM/EP/ITX/H4 etc.

I've met 3 new enthusiasts in the last 2 weeks that all HPDE and time trial and all three of them are interested in racing... guess what they all have?... A swapped Honda. Of course, I have invited them all to the Drivers school on the 10th, even gave them the ICSCC.com link. It looks like engine swaps are so popular and there's a culture out there that thinks you have to have lots of power and such to go out on track that maybe, just maybe Brad Greco might have some others to join him in SPU.

It seems like racing a swapped Honda is one of the least cost effective ways of going 3-4 seconds a lap faster. The biggest problem I recognize isn't "spreading the word" to the Honda crowd, or any crowd for that matter. The message is clearly getting spread. I think the problem is the message. F&F did a fine job of convincing the up and coming enthusiast generation that you have to go fast to go racing. It's all about vroom and nothing about the guy behind the wheel.

Aside from the .425" valve lift restriction (which was clearly aimed at keeping the better Honda engines out of the class), I like this class. All I'd need to do is swap in a B16A2 engine into my CRX and it'd be a strong STL car.

Nationwide, at this point in time, STL has become the double-dipping class for Spec Miatas. But I don't think they'll be that competitive against a true STL car. They have to run as Spec Miatas.

For the Honda guys: STL encourages engine swaps BUT requires you to run a USDM engine. If you read the rules closely, the language is there to keep JDM engines out.
I Like the ST class . Its a place where the Honda swaps can be strong , IT wont Dissapear any time soon...
And to Quoat Tom You would be in Honda Heaven at Mission ,,, We Have Run Several Honda Challange Races at Mission with 24+ Car Grids . With a Qual Race On Sat with a inverted Grid Race on Sun. This Event Has Run in conjuction with the CACC/SCCBC Childrens Wish Race. These Races have Produced exciting and challenging races , The Spectators love it...
Standing Starts are sometimes used,,, I thing what you are looking for does exsist ,, It could be a Group 9 race .

As of 2012 that only leaves "Honda Heaven" at 1 out of 6 tracks on the ICSCC roster. How do we get this Honda Heaven down here in the states?

Well one track is a start
Work with the ICSCC member clubs
Get the word out and explore the possiblitiies
If you build it they will come

last year at ORP the top 6 ITA cars were faster then ITS and there were 2 miatas 2 bmw and 2 hondas. Honda's are still popular on the street and most are faster then your car Colin and have no real class it fit in to yet, and dont know the people that race to get them involved.

I beg your pardon...there were a BMW, a Honda, then a Nissan, then another Honda and another BMW and a Miata to round out the fastest ITA cars at ORP in 2010. :)

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Mission race (or any ICSCC race so far). I really wanted to run that one but the boss had other plans. :sadbanana:

Back