Sea-Tac Marriotte survey, SEZ?

I think you guys need to show some support to Tacoma for a change. Consider the Murano Hotel in Downtown. Good meeting place, good restaurant for breakfast, BIG parking lot, just blocks from the Lemay car Museum and easy freeway access.

http://www.hotelmuranotacoma.com/?gallery=hotel

Places for dinner - Pacific Grill (reservation suggested), Harmon's Brewery (steak house and brewery plus sports bar), The Matador (Mexican), Steel Creek (steak and western dance on Friday, Saturday night) all within walking distance or, a trolley ride.

And besides that, I live right across the street :) Could actually make the meeting.

Last edited:
I don't recall getting a survey. I certainly wouldn't mind going to somewhere different. It has been at SeaTac Marriott for as long as I can remember, back to at least
2001, probably longer.

It would be nice if the event moved around a bit. A change of venue after decades at the same place would be refreshing. How about north of Seattle?

Isn't ICSCC's official address in Kent or something? I seem to recall seeing that once. Maybe that's why the Spring/Fall Meetings and the banquet are in that general area?

Isn't ICSCC's official address in Kent or something? I seem to recall seeing that once. Maybe that's why the Spring/Fall Meetings and the banquet are in that general area?

IRDC used to have award meetings/dinner in Tacoma at a car place (cannot remember the name). But, that 'place' is just a few walking blocks from the Murano Hotel :).

BTW Murano is Italian not Japanese so the food in their restaurant has an Italian touch but not overly so. I like the Linguine with shrimp and scallops :)

Last edited:
The Sea-Tac Marriott has given us good value over the years, which is worth much more than the "variety" of a new venue. Conference has had its annual meetings and banquets at venues all over the Seattle Area. That is because its the most central destination for out of town arrivals. Having had some of the rubber chicken served at the other locations, I'd say we would have to do very well in deed to do any better. You have to remember, there's more to it than just the banquet and the trophies. There are the meeting rooms and the hospitality suite and their costs to be considered. Besides that, I am always amazed to see the same staff year after year in what is a very transitory business. If they have good employee loyalty, they must be pretty good to deal with.

I think there is a cliche somewhere about not fixing what isn't broken

I would LOVE to do the Conference banquet, be the Chairperson and set the whole thing up and give it some fun new life. But, not at the Seatac Marriott. It really is not a good venue. I believe there are much better options, having recently setup a conference in Seattle for work. I was amazed at the pricing and amenities that other hotels in the area DO NOT charge for.

Back