Saturday June 29th Pacific Raceways Test and Tune Opportunity

rick_bostrom

Onda Kattan Racing
Hello all -

First - for any of you regular instructors planning on showing up at Pacific for me on Saturday could you go to MotorsportsReg and sign up? About to make calls for the last 5 or 6 instructors that I need for the event. Sign up is free, I'll be providing lunch for instructors, there is an instructor lapping session at the end of the day as a thank you, and if you can come help out I would appreciate it!

On to the point of the posting - Normally we run two sessions of novice students and a session of lappers at our events. Looks like we are going to be able to handle our Novice students in one session instead of two so we have an opportunity on Saturday.

I know it's last minute, but is there a demand for a Test and Tune session for Saturday? It would be (4) 30 minute sessions for $150 so the price is right if you want to get out and do some testing. Obviously it is NOT a race and you are expected to stay off the ragged edge, but it could be open (but sane!) passing with full safety gear.

Need some feedback quick - other option is to beat the drum for additional lappers and split it into two groups. Post here or for those who qualify for TnT's you probably know how to find me via phone or e-mail. (Hint: IRDC website has my contact info!)

Rick Bostrom
IRDC Chief Driving Instructor, Cook, and Bottle Washer.

Rick - Scott Haynes and I are both bringing our cars Saturday.. Both were hoping for a TnT opportunity so count us in!

I have a new car and this is unfortunately the only shakedown time I have before my the PR race otherwise I would lend a hand instructing too. I really have some decent testing to do...

I will ping some folks to see if I can get them out to either TnT or instruct.

Response has been "underwhelming" from both instructors and TnT entrants so - the Students will be split into two small groups so I can double up instructors if we come up short and there will be one Lapper session, which can accomodate TnT'ers if you want to come out.

Instructors will recieve a 30 minute session on track at the end of the day as a small "thank you" for volunteering your time and helping start a new crop of students on their way toward making small fortunes in racing ....

(starting with a large one, of course)

Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Colin!

Back