Salsa!!!

No, but I was once told I looked like a "glazed doughnut". ..................... what did they mean?

Obviously, it was the shine off your bald dome! And, whether or not it's empty in the middle...we'll leave that up to the jury of your peers. That's a scary thought: 12 people that think like JC...the world is not ready for that.

JC's salsa is legendary; word has it, Chuck Norris uses it as cologne.

>>Obviously, it was the shine off your bald dome! And, whether or not it's empty in the middle...we'll leave that up to the jury of your peers. That's a scary thought: 12 people that think like JC...the world is not ready for that.<<

..................... gee; and I thought you liked me.

Perhaps I should be like Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" and say to you .......................... NO SALSA FOR YOU!!

........... just kidding. There will be salsa for everyone.

You thought I liked you? What gave you that impression? lol. I kid, I kid...

You're my favorite Cuban OW racer in Conference!

I met Col. Sanders once in Lexington, Kentucky. We were both in a waiting room at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, just before a scheduled colonoscopy. I made the old guy laugh so hard he almost passed out, .................... I told the guy sitting between us that I just heard that they ran out of the "slippery stuff".
J.C.

Many, many years ago I had a summer job at a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Back then they didn't abbreviate everything and still called it Kentucky Fried Chicken.
The Colonel came to visit Seattle and wanted to stop by our shop.
As this was the 70s (I told you it was along time ago) I wore my hair in proper Beatle length.
He came in, shook my hand, looked around and left.
The next day my boss called me in.
"We have to let you go," he said.
"Why?" said I.
"The Colonel didn't like your hair and wanted us to let you go."
"I got fired by the Colonel?" I asked incredulously.
"Yep."

Still my favorite story.

Last edited:
>>You're my favorite Cuban OW racer in Conference!<<

...................... O.K............. you can have some salsa.

........... Wait!!! I know that there is a very large group of Scandinavian extraction types (block heads) but ............. how many more Cuban Open Wheel Conference race car drivers are there?

Will someone bring a copy of the U.S. Census to the track?

Have we complied with all the Federal Diversity criteria?

Jesus

>>"The Colonel didn't like your hair and wanted us to let you go." <<

Great story!

Bill, ............ as I remember, the Colonel had a very disgusting beard. By looking closely at his beard you could see what the old guy had for breakfast. I also remember him having a mane of white hair. His hair was long and had enough lubricants to make most engines run adequately.

I remember him to mumble and initially I thought he was part of a circus act or some kind of foreign national. It was very difficult to understand what he was saying. I guess that's what happens when you eat too many fried gizzards.

I really didn't know who Colonel Sanders was. I thought the depiction or caricature of the "Colonel" was commensurate to "Ronald McDonald" and the rest of the homogenized commercial crap. I didn't know then that Col Sanders was a real person, the reason .................. Jews don't eat pork and Cubans most definitely don't eat fried chicken.

Hmmm ........................... I wonder what the Colonel would have thought of my hair, ........................... or the lack of it.

He did, however, enjoy my very unusual kind of humor. May he rest in peace.

J.C.

P.S. ......................... Beatle length? Was there any evidence of your "Beatle length" hair in the friend chicken batter? ....... the one in the secret recipe with all the secret ingredients?

Last edited:
>>Anyone from Portland going? I have a shirt for JC <<

Thank you Kyle.

I am sure it is a very good shirt and the print will convey a very clever message like: ............ "Eat a Beaver and Save the Forest".

.................. I am bracing for your thoughtfulness and kindness.

Love and kisses;

J.C.

P.S. .................. BTW Kyle, after 4 seasons I decided to to install a newly refurbished Jay Ivey engine in "Humpty - Dumpty". It dynoe'd right at the very top of the allowable HP and torque at 6500 RPM. Jay Ivey builds wonderful engines. He is simply, "TOP DRAWER". The car has always been faster than I can drive it, now ........................... it is MUCH, MUCH FASTER than I can drive it. ................... if I manage to to keep it the damned thing on the track without any "off track excursions" and not run into anything hard,............ we will do O.K.

Last edited:
>>Alas Colonel Sanders has passed away, JC you must have a white suit, you could grow a little gotee, I think it could work! <<

He was, indeed, a very colorful character. May he rest in peace.

Yes, I have a white suit. Unfortunately every time I wear such white suit I am always told I look like a Bermudan pimp.

As far as growing a goatee, I will pass on that. I am sure that all of you who occasionally enjoy my salsa would not enjoy finding remnants of my goatee in the salsa. My salsa is tasty enough without any "other" organic substance.

................ see you at the track.

J.C.

...... install a newly refurbished Jay Ivy engine in "Humpty - Dumpty". It dynoe'd right at the very top of the allowable HP and torque at 6500 RPM....

J.C.
Ivey does build a wonderful engine. Care for it well and it will last you 2 LONG seasons. But your comment caught my attention.

There is no rule limit on the HP that I'm aware of. Just the resulting 'limit' based upon decades of builder experience using 'legal parts' that says you're gonna max out at about 120 HP.. Correct or am I wrong?

If somebody finds a better thrust washer that's legal and it increases the HP to 130 I don't think that would be against the rules?

Beatle length? Was there any evidence of your "Beatle length" hair in the friend chicken batter? ....... the one in the secret recipe with all the secret ingredients?

Ha! That would mean I had been elevated to cook status!
As it was I was not entrusted (or encrusted) to cooking and was relegated to cleaning out the vats.
That stuff would make some fine bio-diesel. Or base for your salsa?

[QUOTE
P.S. .................. BTW Kyle, after 4 seasons I decided to to install a newly refurbiJay Ivy builds wonderful engines. He is simply, "TOP DRAWER". The car has always been faster than I can drive it, now ........................... it is MUCH, MUCH FASTER than I can drive it. ................... if I manage to to keep it the damned thing on the track without any "off track excursions" and not run into anything hard,............ we will do O.K.[/QUOTE]

Adam and I are bringing our special JC strap for you, just in case Ivey let's you down. Or you go looking to trim some ivy with your car.

>>There is no rule limit on the HP that I'm aware of. Just the resulting 'limit' based upon decades of builder experience using 'legal parts' that says you're gonna max out at about 120 HP.. Correct or am I wrong?<<

>>If somebody finds a better thrust washer that's legal and it increases the HP to 130 I don't think that would be against the rules?[/QUOTE]<<

Richard:

Perhaps my message was somewhat confusing. The legality issue is somewhat nebulous to say the least.

We race for $5.00 trophies. Cheating is not only reprehensible but a foolish endeavor. Personally, I would not feel comfortable knowing that I was getting more power than the guy racing next to me. Using that "magic thrust washer" would not fit my definition of good sportsmanship. There is enough cheating in our world already, .............................. why contaminate our sport by "stretching the rules or racing protocols"?

Jay is not only a great engine builder, he is a true gentleman. In the very few occasions I have spoken with Jay, he conveyed respect and passion for racing.

I am sure Jay could build a "much better" engine and exceed and challenge the 1600cc "rules" .................. if there are such rules. Jay is a very good man and, I am convinced, that he would not jeopardize his great reputation by "challenging" what is right and "legal".

On the last rebuild, by a previous owner 5 years ago, the dyno indicated 108.5 HP at 6500 RPM. On this rebuild the dyno indicated 109.8 at 6500 RPM. I've been told it is rare to get more than 110 HP from these engines. I assumed that using the "ethical" and "legal" methods, it would be impossible to obtain more power from these tired engines.

If I am wrong, I want to be corrected and educated. I still consider myself a new guy and I am willing to listen and learn from those who know more than I do.

Are you going to be in Spokane?

J.C.

Last edited:
That is almost guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Is there ivy in Spokane?

Last time I went off the track in Spokane, I collected many, many rocks, ............ but never ivy. Has anyone seen ivy in Spokane?

I thought you guys liked me.

J.C.

That is almost guaranteed.

Is there ivy in Spokane?

Last time I went off the track in Spokane, I collected many, many rocks, ............ but never ivy. Has anyone seen ivy in Spokane?

I thought you guys liked me.

J.C.[/QUOTE]

If you go far enough off course, you can find almost anything. Salsa anyone?

Back