SA2000 helmet - good for anything?

kbsmith1

I have an old SA200 Bell M2 helmet. These are no longer good for ICSCC racing. Are they good for anything or should I just throw this away?

Not having looked at how liability sensitive the Driver Trainings have become, perhaps a DT loaner helmet is allowed. We'd better get a full report from the Insurance Attorney General.

Save it for an Enduro re-fueler! I wish I had saved mine when I had the chance, I don't like using my current helmet for re-fueling.

There are a couple of options. First is to donate it to Conference so it can be used for the ride along during the Doernbecher charity rides. Second sell it to a local Chump Car team so it can be used for the fuelers or standby fire personnel.

Or, you could just hang on to it for trips to the local indoor kart tracks. Maybe it's just my own personal problem, but the sweaty, general public helmets are...fine. I'm sure they are just fine. I'll use my own, thanks! :D

Thanks for the ideas. I am donating it to a chump/rat race team for use by fueler/crew. So it'll go to a good home.

Back