Rules for SPM/

Sgt.Gator

Can someone point me to the rules for SPM? The best I can find in the 2014 regs are the SPO/SPM/SPU engine displacement sizes and the fact there is no min weight. What are the rest of the rules?
Thanks,
Gator

Super Production is a catch all class to make sure that a) pretty much anything already classified in another closed wheel group has a second run group available to maximize track time on a race week-end and b) anything that is found to have been built that simply doesn't fit any set of accepted class rules will always have an opportunity to race in classes where the only divider is displacement.

In all cases, nothing is allowed to run in Conference that doesn't meet safety standards intended to protect drivers, volunteers, and spectators. First requirement for racecar prep in Conference is safety - everything beyond that is just about competitiveness.

Super Production is a catch all class to make sure that b) anything that is found to have been built that simply doesn't fit any set of accepted class rules will always have an opportunity to race in classes where the only divider is displacement.

Great. The reason I'm asking is that a couple of us are building Factory Five 818Rs. It's debatable if it's a "production" car since it's a kit you buy and stick WRX parts in it, just like the Factory Five Cobra Challenge cars use Mustang parts. However unlike the Cobra Challenge cars there is no established "spec" class to help it find acceptance like they have in ITE with conference or the spec class at NASA. I've been looking around at our classes trying to figure out where it could run. I'm thinking in SPM this would fit in, if no where else.
Thanks for all the replies.

SPM may be rough for the 818, if you go for a EJ20x then you can run in SPU and not stuck with the BMWs in the SPM class

Back