Retro racing at it's best

mark_hanken

Holeshot
Fellow ICSCC racers and supporters,
Many of you know Jeff Remfert and Terry Overdiek of Retro Racing. (Monkey Challange may ring a bell)
This racing team is well known for racing hard and playing hard. They have ventured into a project that you may not know of. I post this because I feel it is worthy our attention.
What they are doing is not only selfless but in my eyes heroic. Go to www.retroracingteam.com and click on the "Steves GT3 RX3 link for the complete story.

Thank you,

Mark Hanken

I have been following since it started. The entire team at Retro Racing truly lives and shows what the grassroots racing community is all about. You guys are to be commended for your greatness. I am truly honored to turn wheels with you on track!

>>What they are doing is not only selfless but in my eyes heroic. Go to www.retroracingteam.com and click on the "Steves GT3 RX3 link for the complete story.<<

Mark:

I couldn't have said it better. Heroic is an excellent word to describe what these wonderful folks have done for Steve.

I joined the racing community soon after I was diagnosed with cancer. In fact, I went to racing school a week after surgically removing a stage 4 cancerous tumor in my throat.

The goal to race before my cancer got worse, provided with the will and determination to survive. Fortunately, I did survive and I am now part of this wonderful community of racers and those who love racing.

This story is representative of the humanity and kindness I have found in our racing community.

I am inspired and moved by this story and by all of those involved. Steve might have taken his last lap but his spirit and his car will always be a reminder of the dedication and compassion of many.

I am proud to know and be amongst all of you.

"J.C." Cuevas

JC, that is not only inspirational but poignant as well.

I have a close family member as well that is currently battling cancer, we all have been there I'm sure. Retro's efforts make us so very proud, it just brings out the humanity in all of us.
Bless you and your efforts guys, we are all better for knowing you.

Rod

I under stand that Steve passed away this weekend. Very sorry to hear. My best wishes' to the family. Thank you Team Retro for helping to make Steve's wish come true.

Your correct Dave, They delivered the car on Friday February 18th. Steve who was bed ridden, got himself dressed, walked outside and sat in the car. On Saturday February 19th he passed away.
This is a truly remarkable story and I am very thankful to call the gentlemen involved my friends.

Mark Hanken
EIP #24
Proudly part of the Retro racing Team

Back