Recommendations for shop to have tires shaved?

MikeA

Looking to get at least one set of Toyo RA1's (full tread) shaved down a bit to get ready for the enduro at the Ridge. I believe the set has a couple of sessions on them so not sure if that causes an issue with where you might suggest.

Ideally it would be located between Auburn to Tacoma area, but open to a little bit more of a drive to keep the business with one of our own members.

During the offseason we have put some spare 944 goodies together to build an enduro rig for this year, and although it wasn't 100% ready to make Thunderhill this weekend. We do plan to be out at the ridge, and even though we are completely out classed (not sure how we could possibly keep up with a pro3 car) we are still planning to be racing.

Thanks in advance.

Only one I know of is Garth at A-n-T down here in Portland. You never know, he might be taking the truck up to The Ridge for the Enduro. If so, maybe he can shave them for you there. Do you have all of your drivers set up yet?

Yes, Chuck can shave tires, although he's really more in Maltby than Woodinville. He's co-located with Lowe Group Racing just south of the Maltby Cafe (you know, the place with the dinner-plate-sized cinnamon rolls...).

Mike...

I have had Les Schwab buff tires down to whatever depth I want. Usually about $15 per tire in case you can't find someone local. I'll be out there on the enduro weekend, but not driving. Will be crewing for another Miata.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Bill-

Last edited:
Thanks all... I'll go see the guys at Grip and get my shave on.

Bill - wish we were classed with the Miatas (stock motor and toyos = really close racing). So we will be treating it like in class racing so to speak... Either way it will be fun.

Tony - I will give you a shout this weekend after I talk to josh.

Thanks all... I'll go see the guys at Grip and get my shave on.

Bill - wish we were classed with the Miatas (stock motor and toyos = really close racing). So we will be treating it like in class racing so to speak... Either way it will be fun.

Tony - I will give you a shout this weekend after I talk to josh.

Mike....pick up a set of Hoosiers and you'll be at least 2 if not 3 seconds faster. I'll have my car out there for the t&t but just to get it sorted out after some engine work. Running NASA and then Conference back to back early May at PR.....hope you get a chance to go the entire 6! Should be a great weekend. I 'm sure as we get closer, I'll want to get in the race!

Back