Rear subframe brace for swaybar allowed in ITA?

Quarlok13

Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to this, but is a rear subframe brace allowed in ITA? I've been searching the web for an answer and have no answer yet. Maybe I have been just searching incorrectly. This is in reference to preventing subframe rip-out on an EG Civic using a larger than stock rear swaybar. I was thinking of fabricating my own or maybe just going with something like the ASR brace. I did not know if this counted as changing the mounting points or disallowed chassis bracing. Thank you in advance for the help.

Just the brace = illegal

Brace with 32mm Hollow sway bar kit = legal.

You're good if you're using the 32mm hollow Sway bar kit.. Sway bars are open and mounting devices for them (which that brace is) may be welded or bolted to the vehicle.

If the brace is used independent of that accompanying sway-bar then no, not legal. it's only legal as a mounting device for that bar.

Enjoy.

p.s. The risk to the rear subframe on the civics goes down a bit with the stiff rear springs often found on road race civics. The failure is much more common Auto-x civics with lower springs rates, stiff bars and sticky tires. But nonetheless it's smart to err on side of avoiding subframe failure.

Thank you very much. Now time to get my civic up to speed with the hope of starting my racing career this summer...or at least start the rookie license process.

Do the school at PIR next Friday so you can get your novice license. There’s only so many driver schools that allow you get your novice license so don’t miss out on those. You don’t have to do those schools in your race car, in fact since you’ll have an instructor it’s almost preferable to not.

I bought this car (1992 sedan, DX, slowly being converted to EX) off of a member last year actually (HayesCages). Been amassing, fixing, and tweaking things slowly since. I do not have other cars that are currently track worthy. I did one school last year actually in the civic. Since it was only my second time on a track and I didn't have all my other ducks in a row (paperwork and what not) they wanted me to do another school this year before they signed off for the novice license. I plan on being there for the June 1st one.

Back