Question

westipton

If I may be so bold, and without ruffling any feathers, why is IRDC calling the Saturday qualifying a non-points race? Does that not open the club up to paying 2 driver levies because those are called races?

My feathers can handle it. :)

664c810cd226ea6a411861581b4dee18.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Colin of course I know that, but it is in essence a qualifying session being called a non-points race. So my question remains. Is the club paying driver levies for the Saturday non-points 'race'?

When IRDC first proposed the qualifying races, I remember there was some discussion of levies at the E Board level. I just can't remember what the outcome was.

If you call it a race, conference charges a driver levy. Special races, vintage races, non-points races, enduros all have that property.

First I look at this.

SECTION 7 – RACES
E/C 701. Definition of race. A race is a program of competitive motor events on a defined course in which speed is the determining factor. Practice and qualifications for the events, together with the events themselves, shall constitute any given race. Practice is optional for senior race events

So following this logic, the whole weekend of events is a race.

I might presume that any of these 'race' sessions that would require a separate 'race' entry registration might be considered for levy.

But these days are filled with rationale for any revenue sourcing imaginable.

I suppose that I'm gonna have to worm through verbage in the PPM now...

Hey! Look at that...

7.2.5 Definition of “Race” and “Event” Practice, qualifying, and the race group contests are
“events”, and all of these activities together constitute a “race”. (See Competition Regulation 701)

That sure clears things up. They don't collect driver levies for 'events', right?

Last edited:
Wes,

Kevin Smith is correct.

However, if you read 7.2.4.3.1 of the P & P, ICSCC put in place a maximum driver levy for each race weekend at the Spring Meeting this year. This maximum was to help the clubs try different types of weekend formats and still comply with the P & P regarding the driver levy for special races (P & P 23.2.1).

Dan Heinrich
ICSCC Treasurer

Back