PRO3 returns to NASCAR Bi-Mart 125, July 22-24, 2011

Absolutely rockin' weekend. The PRO3 group put on a heck of a good show and the racing was all out to the finish.
Behind us at Turn 4 were motorhomes, bar-b-que's, kids, dogs, and beer. THEY LOVED THE PRO3'S. The signed posters were a huge hit with the fans.

Well done and see you all in Seattle.

BTW: Did the Grim Reaper win enough prize money for some new beautification body parts????

It is always great to see the regular people in white doing a great job for us drivers! Steward Dan and Assistant Steward Linda Heinrich did a fantastic job organizing our grids and keeping us in line. Linda Blackburn had our time sheets printed pronto so we knew where we stood, and the pregrid / hotpits crew made sure we were safe. I enjoy their enthusiastic waves when manage to take the checker under our own power. The Nascar event was a blast in many ways. Fans, though I hope there were enough to justify a return next year, Umbrella girls, and fantastic Nascar machinery and fellow racers. It was good to have a Pro3 only race grid, but at times I missed the GT traffic blasting through our midst. Probably the best part for us was having a camp together and a central meeting and eating location. The group is too big to do that at our normal races.
The fans again saw some good action. As witnessed from Will D's camera taken by a friend in the Chichane stands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l57zWs2w3yA&feature=channel_video_title
I'm hoping Steve posts his video of my nitrous start of Saturdays race. My career best I think.
All in all, what could be better than good weather, good food, great friends, and racing make a great weekend. Even with the crappy I5 traffic coming home it was on whole a great weekend!

Yes, more fans in the stands would be nice. For those living in Portland, what was the advertising like leading up to the event? We had comments from race fans we met in the paddock that radio/TV/newspaper promotion was pretty weak.

38 PRO3 cars with a 4 second spread in lap times made for great competition all up and down the grid. A big thanks to Dan and Linda Heinrich for serving as Stewards for this event. We told them prior that the job was mostly about enjoying the great food served up by Toni and Greg at lunch. But there were some on track issues that they had to sort out. Nothing too bad however. And considering the amount of track time we got, sheet metal damage was very minimal. Lots and lots of good clean racing.

With the large grids, Toyo Tires will pay out $2,000 in Toyo Bucks for this event.

Advertising was weak. From what Gary Bockman said at the morning meeting, the promoter lost money the last two years. Haven't heard any stats from this weekend. I hope they made enough to bring it back next year, but putting on a show like that isn't cheap. NASCAR doesn't come just because they like us.

NO Robbie they don't......But PRO3 does.... lol

So Mike, you're saying that the Grim Reaper will still run true to it's name then????? You sure were flying though!!!

Yes, more fans in the stands would be nice. For those living in Portland, what was the advertising like leading up to the event? We had comments from race fans we met in the paddock that radio/TV/newspaper promotion was pretty weak.

yes the advertising was very weak and I was actively looking for it. It consisted of old media - radio/newspaper and maybe a tv commercial or two. What he really needs to do in my humble opinion, is to grab hold of the new media, the kind that we don't use to line our kitty boxes with or skip through on our dvr.

Facebook, Groupon, Living Social .. also In addition "IF" I would have had piles of 2 for one coupons to give out I would have had a lot more friends come out. One friend was asking if he screwed up. Just to get into the pit's with a 10.00 parking pass cost him 50.00 bucks after the gate fee's and such.

They were probably out filiming on Friday. They need to bank stock footage from a Sunday to use for the promo the next year.

Back