PRO3 Donor Car Value?

Bill Bonsell

Was wanting to know how much a '84 318i should be worth...then checked the rules and noticed PRO3 used the 325 platform....thought I had a great lead on a one owner car. Sorry!

Last edited:
Still worth picking up if a good deal. There are few 318 based PRO3 cars; you just need the drive train and engine management harness to make it legal. Being a 318i though, you will probably need to change the rear axle and brakes to disc, move the battery to the rear (in either the stock 325 location or the spare wheel well) and change out the cooling system to the 325 one.

If it's rust free and you can get it for under $700 that's not a bad starting point..

I wouldn't place any extra value on a one owner chassis. So long as the chassis is straight, that's all you want for a PRO3 build, 1 or 10 owners. Good paint in a desirable color would be a bonus as you would save the cost of a paint job. The benefit to a clean donor car would be the ability to sell interior bits, seats, etc to other E30 enthusiasts to make up part of the purchase price (which more than one PRO3 owner has done).

There were two plastic bumper chassis for sale for under $1000 on Seattle CL. Both needed an engine. Both were 4-doors, and both were bronzit. There's a proud tradition of PRO3 cars with bronzit histories. :)

400-700 is what I see these for in Spokane from time to time depending on body condition. You'll likely end up going through every component on the car anyways so doing the M20 drivetrain and harness swap isn't that bad.

I paid $800 for a running 325i a couple years ago. Raced it for a season and a half with the original motor and tranny (over 200K miles). Amazing cars.

Back