passport to race at Mission?

If your a Washington state resident then you can get an enhanced drivers license. Not really sure about Idaho but If you live in Oregon I hear you need a passport. Hope this helps, Duane

Under the new Federal license requirements, any one how lives in the 'border' states only needs to get a 'enhanced' license. Any one else needs a passport.

This same requirement is also for going to Mexico, so....we in Wash need a passport for Mexico.

Happy New year to all.

You don't need a passport to race at Mission -- you just need one (or an enhanced license (EDL)) to get back home!

To get an EDL you must either present a valid passport (one that is not expired) or a birth certificate that shows you were born in the states to a license agency that handles EDLs. I didn't have a valid passport as it expired long ago, so I opted to get it renewed.
I understand EHLs get you easier entrance back into the country as there is chip that allows the border agents to simply scan it, but with a rig of any size they may want to inspect it.
They never seem to care about my RV and enclosed trailer ...

You are subject to random inspections of vehicles and enclosed trailers coming back into WA from Mission. Ask Jess Heitman how his Labor Day crossing went.

Bill-

You can opt for the passport card, rather then the full passport. The card has the chip in it and is good for ground or sea access to Canada, Mexico and the various areas of the carribean. It is jot good for air travel. I recently replaced my passport and got both the book and the card for around $175. It took three weeks to get it.

Thanks for all this great info! I am hoping to make the mission endurance race this year! We had so much fun with you guys 2 years ago but unable to finance last year. It looks promising this year if I can get assistance on some tools and equipment resources so I don't have to drive the big rig up there and cut some costs.

We are cleaning up the car from the 25 and should be in good shape by Feb.
thanks,
Richard

You will have to show your passport on the way in. Also, remember to remove your sun glasses, (right, in February probably not) and look them in the eye and answer the questions they ask. Joking and/or sarcasm is not appreciated by either side, so play it staight, and have a good time! The folks at Mission are a great bunch and the paddock is a very friendly place, especially in the evenings!

Back