Pacific Raceway lap records update

duane_martinsen

Let's go racing
Just wanted to update the ICSCC Race and Qualifying lap records for Pacific Raceway. I wasn't sure if any records were going to be set this year as the Spring race had every group race in the rain. The Fall race had everyone telling me how slippery T-8 was. Well, I was pleasantly surprised and have highlighted the new records in blue. Next year the lap times should drop again as we were told at the Fall race by the owners that new pavement will stretch from T-7 to T-9 and fix the puddle area on the front straight chicane or call it T-10.
If anyone notices a mistake please let me know and I will correct it.
Duane

Attachments

• Conference race lap records 2012.pdf
    47.8 KB · Views: 481
  • Conference Qualifying lap records 2012.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Hi Duane,
Mike McAleenan is too shy to say so, but I believe that he bested both the SPM and the ST qualifying records at the last race. Thanks for compiling these numbers. Something to shoot for!

Richard

Richard-
I've never noticed Mike to be too shy. Being that I was a new steward he was always free to offer me advice on the starting grid. As far as his records you were absolutely correct. The qualifying records above have been corrected.
Thanks, Duane

Duane, I don't think Mike's ST qualifying time is correct on your sheet. He actually did a 1:28.174 on Sunday morning in G4. Damn!

Eric and Lance-
Done and done. I amaze myself how I can write something down correctly and then fail to transpose it as written.
Anyways, corrections are made and awaiting others. DM

Still blown away that Mark L was able to get a 1:39.5 in quali for PRO44... we have a couple folks there in the past (SCCA days) but man not far from PRO3 pace at PR.

PR Q lap times 1984 Trans-Am 9/22/84

From my records - for comparison

1) 1:21.87 Bob Lobenberg
2) 1:22.36 Greg Pickett
3) 1:22.44 Willy T. Ribbs
4) 1:22.64 Tom Gloy
5) 1:22.84 PauL Miller
6) 1:22.93 David Hobbs
7) 1:23.20 Paul Newman
8) 1:23.26 Darin Brassfield
9) 1:23.37 Wally Dellenbach jr.
10)1:24.00 David Schroeder

Some of you were also there?

Robert Barg

Lance,

No need to wait until next year. I believe this change would fall under Rule 1A H.. It appears Mike Conatore can make this happen at the Fall Meeting.

Dan Heinrich

Duane,
Thanks so much for taking your time to document the lap records. Having these easily accessible gives us one more goal to shoot for. And goals make racing much more fun.

Mr D-
When I saw the word "thrashed" I instantly thought you meant your car but to be safe I reviewed the records and by gosh you are fast. Updated as I write. DM

Back