ORP photos now posted

gerryf

It's taken a while to upload 1,500 photos at one per minute, but all our photos from ORP last weekend are now available for your viewing pleasure at www.dotphoto.com . User name is gerryf, password is rainbow. Check out the photos of the starts diving into Turn One three-wide, the big Pro3 battles, and all the pits & people shots too.
Sue and I had a great time in the wilds of Oregon, even managing to avoid meeting any venomous snakes, who, no doubt, were smartly cowering in their burrows trying to avoid the cold wind and rain.
Thanks to Steve Leonard, Mark Hanken and all the other TC and ORP staff for your assistance and access.

Gerry F
ICSCC Historian
gerryf@telus.net

Great stuff Gerry, and the shots of the paddock and dinner really put it all together for those of us who couldn't make it.

Nice pic's! Pardon my ignorance, but which mountain is it in the background? And was it really as cold as it looks? How did the turn stations work out - I remember there being some concern about being closed in and off the ground ...

Too funny running into you at the Eagles concert Gerry - of the thousands of people there, what are the chances that we end up sitting in the same section, same row? (Another coincidence ... "One of These Nights" is playing on the radio as I'm typing this!) They were amazing, huh? After seeing the James Taylor and Carole King [FANTASTIC!!!] concert in Seattle last month, I gotta say ... haven't we all weathered the last 40 years well??? heh ...

Wanted to tell you too - Boz Scaggs is actually THIS month, on June 18th, so you'll have to skeedaddle if you want to get tickets! Maybe I'll see you there for another "oldies" concert - otherwise I'll see you at Mission the next weekend. Hugs to Sue too.

Hi Bonnie,
I figured I might see someone in the building I know, being lost in the '70s and all, but not in the same row! But yes, it was a great concert. Nice to hear their songs that were on albums after their first album, which is about all I would have heard the first time I saw them....
I believe the mountain in the photos was Mount Hood, although I stand to be corrected by an Oregonian if it was Mount Adams. It would have been much easier to get "mountain shots" had the track been run counter-clockwise. I didn't really try; I think the ones you saw were Sue's.
I thought it was pretty damn cold, standing out in a constant wind on Saturday that must have been 60+ km/h minimum. At least it was sunny. Sunday was less windy, nice in the morning, but these little mini-cells came and went all afternoon, and you'd swear the temps dropped like 5 degrees each time.
I don't know much about the turn stations. I think they might be a work in progress, but your worker friends might elaborate on that. Come the hot summer, I think if I was a worker, I'd be happy to be ten feet in the air, as I hear that rattlesnakes can't climb ladders....
See you next week
Gerry

Back