ORP and some dorifto hoonigans.

That cop needs a window net. Awesome production. Great exhibit of ORP, and the country there abouts. Thanks for the post.

Reminds me of the first scene of Super Troopers with some Ken Block thrown in. Still not sure if these were professionals on a closed course or not...
Colin- I'd love to see you can pull something like this off.

Still not sure if these were professionals on a closed course or not...

Considering the video production and money involved I can't imagine it wasn't "closed course".

I'm still trying to track down a guy with a helicopter setup like the one in that video but some strategically placed cameras around PR would be go a long way (I'm thinking locally). Also some shots throughout the paddock, like drivers meeting, corner workers meeting etc.

I want to get footage that is something different than what I've always been doing which has been in-car. The rear bumper cam on Rick's car was very cool, the roof cam on the Mike's Porsche was neat.

I need to find something like the Contour; inexpesive, HD, can safely mount in a bumper BUT has a remote so I can fire it up from the cockpit. Since I'm always at the track to do racing I don't have time for the rest of this except for what I mount on my own car. If I had an extra $1k lying around I'd hire a dude (I know a dude).

Just thinking out loud at this point.

I have a buddy who flies planes and heli's all while being a total apple developer. He has been messing around with various ways to live broadcast the video... but simply put he can shoot some epic footage from above. I'm not sure if we could just use a lapping day or something for it... but I'll see when I can get him up here from San Fran (he's a huge car geek and track day guy...wishing he could store a race car somewhere).

That video is just freaking awesome. Still have not made any Maryhill events but it is WAY up on my TODO list. That road just looks incredible.

And the heck with your quadrocopter, that guy has an octocopter. Too cool. Was it actually the Cobra that rolled at the end?

im not sure the cobra was the one that rolled. fender are white on the roll over car and black on the cobra. the side mirrors are also different. also neon rims. it was most likly a practice car.

The car that rolled was Dan Brockett's (the drift driver) normal drift car. It is/was a Nissan 240SX. He was borrowing the Mustang.

If I ever build a Lemons car, it'll have a cop car light bar!

agreed on the practice car... white roll cage kinda stands out and in the mustang I didn't remember seeing a bright white cage. It sounds more like a 4 banger as well (can't say KA or SR motor but you know the sounds)...

FontSize

Michael Colangelo said,
"If I ever build a Lemons car, it'll have a cop car light bar!"

Just be aware, they do take a lot off the top end speed.
(the older & cheaper especially)

Back