Open wheel ORP question

Peter Belfanti

Please only answer if you are a OPEN WHEEL owner/driver considering attending or have attended races at ORP...

Looking for a simple pole about combining groups 3 and 6 for qualifying ONLY. on both Saturday and Sunday. YOUR combined entry price would be discounted for the missing track time.. for example regular 2 day combo (one group) $385, Open wheel rate may $300. if you enter 3 and 6 the second entry would be discounted as well.

Open wheel proposal ...

Saturday AM
group 3&6 qualifying combined

Saturday PM
Race Group 3
Race Group 6

Sunday AM
Group 3&6 qualifying combined

Sunday PM
Race Group 3
Race Group 6

Your input matters

Thank you
Peter Belfanti

As a cheapskate open wheel racer who's run at ORP for 5 years now, I like the idea. I've got no problem running with the Group 6 guys - as long as the S2000 cars don't crash into me!

Daryl Harsha
Spooky #97

We add ORP to the NWFC schedule and now we get stuck with Group 6!

Just kidding I have no problem with it but I will ask around with the other guys who might be attending.

2015 Poster.jpg

We did that two years ago Peter, and it worked well. I believe it was proposed in that instance to allow for an earlier "end of day" since the tow home can be so long for many. No objections here either.

We get combined with Grp 6 from time to time anyway so I have no problem with it. Also I, for one, would like to run counterclockwise again for consistency.

Sherm,

Yes we will be running CCW in 2015... but the day is coming that we will go CCW Saturday and CW Sunday.. I bet it will happen in the next 3 years.

Pete

I'm going to apply the stewards policy here about combining groups. we need 100% agreement or it doesn't happen.

Thank you all that voiced your opinion, it matters. 3 and 6 will be separate qualifying groups.

Pete

I'm going to apply the stewards policy here about combining groups. we need 100% agreement or it doesn't happen.

Thank you all that voiced your opinion, it matters. 3 and 6 will be separate qualifying groups.

Pete

I acknowledge Greg's concern and have felt the same for past "offers," but in the spirit of debate and clarification, it does not appear to be less track time for either group. It is only less track time if you chose to run both groups. Is that accurate? And for those that planned to run both groups, Peter has offered a discounted rate (not offered to other groups), so I certainly don't believe he is trying to stiff anybody. I am not trying to put words in Greg's mouth, but I found it hard to be offended by this proposal. Just two cents from someone who is still undesided as to which events I'm attending this year.

By combining groups 3 & 6 for qualifying you have eliminated the following; cars entered in both groups need individual qualifying times, people renting a car in group 3 and running in group 6 will not be treated equally, and this format is not helpful to the growth of groups 3 & 6. JMHO!

Dave

Use Q times for both groups?

By combining groups 3 & 6 for qualifying you have eliminated the following; cars entered in both groups need individual qualifying times, people renting a car in group 3 and running in group 6 will not be treated equally, and this format is not helpful to the growth of groups 3 & 6. JMHO!

Dave

Couldn't we just use the same qual time for both groups if we run in a combined qual group? I don't mind doing this in exchange for a lower entree fee as I plan to run 3 and 6.

As a 'one off' I'm okay with combining 3 and 6 for qualifying, but I wouldn't want to see it become standard practice. I will likely be sharing my car with a second driver at some events this season with one of us running group 3 and the other running group 6 - obviously the combined qualifying would be problematic in that case. I'm won't have 2 drivers for ORP though so I wouldn't object to combining the groups in this case.

Sheldon Lemoine
#34 FC

Back