Open Wheel Enduro

karl_seeger

I'm posting this for Dick Boggs...

The inaugural "Jack Brabham Memorial Grand Prix".

Everyone open wheel and sports racer

IRDC on April 18-19 at the Ridge, has scheduled a Test and Tune and School on Saturday and 6 hour Enduro on Sunday. In an attempt to encourage sports racer and open wheel participation we have scheduled a special non points fun race for them prior to the start of the Enduro. The planning is still in the early stages but we are thinking of perhaps 30-60 minute race with a mandatory pit stop in the middle of 10 minutes. These are the scenarios we are looking at and need your feed back:

30 minute standard race, for those with limited fuel capacity

20 min.race 10 min. mandatory stop 20 min. race, Possible to share your car with another driver and fuel up.

30 min. race 10 min. mandatory stop, 30 min. race. Possible to share your car with another driver and fuel up and get the most bang for the buck

We are looking at an entry fee of $199.00, test and tune on Saturday $180.00.

The purpose is to give us a chance to get a jump start on the season and get the comb webs out of our driving brains and resolve any issues with our cars. I need a commitment from 6 people to make it a go or it will not be scheduled. I see it as a great opportunity to promote both open wheel and sports racer classes and the Ridge is a great place to do it.

Dick.

I will be there if I have to finish bolting it together in the trailer. If it rains, remember it's April 18 & 19, I should be able to do 60 minutes on one filling. If its dry, then maybe 59. I can run either as FV or FL, because I have.

Paul
Thanks for posting your commitment. We now have our 6 possible entrants to make this a go. I am hopeful we will get more, we have three and a half months before show time. [B]Certainly welcome more to post.[/B]

I did make a mistake on the date, I was looking at an old schedule, actual date is April 11-12.

Thanks to Fred and Randy for promoting and supporting this idea and of course the rest of the IRDC Board.

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 308
So you're learning from the master eh Karl? That will teach you to pit so close to Mr. Bennitt! I will be there crewing for whomever needs my help, and as such you are on the top of that list!

Yes Mr. Roberts, I did have a car, and I did sell it. Please do not remind me again cause it still stings.

Back