Online Registration Question

Mark de Regt

I'm interested in registering for the September IRDC race, but I'm not interested in paying before the event (just as I can mail or fax a registration form without paying ahead of time). I tried registering, but it seems to be requiring that I pay in order to complete the registration.

Is it possible to register online without paying?

Mark,

I have never been charged by an ICSCC club until after the event. It works much better for the clubs that way.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still confused. The online process seems to demand either a credit card, or an echeck. Do they just not charge the credit card if I don't show up at the event? And, if that's the case, where does it say that?

Thanks.

Motorsportreg.com does a "holding charge" on your card, much like a hotel would do for a reservation, but that's it. No actual money leaves your account. Later, IRDC runs a normal credit card charge, which I assume they wouldn't do if you'd paid in person (or withdrawn) by then.

Mark, you might want to consider signing up for the Japanese Touring Car Challenge race on Saturday, too. This is shaping up to be a really cool event.

If memory serves me and it does once in a while, Debbie (IRDC Registrar) will ask how you want to pay when you register for the race. If you pay with check or cash the club does not have to pay the credit card fee. Even if you have entered your credit car on MSR. MSR is not cheap to use with their fee and credit card fees but is a great tool for both racers and registrars and makes everones life easier.

if you tell her to use the card it shows up on your statement a few days later.

Back