Online Registration is open

Yes sir I have. Looks to be about 3 and a half hours of track time over 3 days, except the vintage fords who get only one group to run in. Looks like they are getting a ton of entries, and will probably have over 100 cars involved. You definitely need to know who you are running with when you get in a session with 30 or 40 cars at a high speed circuit like that one! So recognizing the crazies will have to be done quickly in practice.
I know Trout is going, and possibly Mike Allen, but not sure who else from the NW is making the trip.

Wes,

Hang on to that WHEEL!!! Might be more then 40.

I did an FIA 'load calculation' on Road America not long ago.

Road America = 6.51 Kilometers

N = 0.36 x L x W x T x G

Where L = 18 ( for a 6.51 Kilometer Track)
Where W = 10 (assumes a legally FIA calculated width somewhere between 30' and 36' )
Where T = 1 ( for a less then 1 hour race)
Where G = 0.80 (for single seaters and Sports cars up to 2000cc)

N = 0.36 x 18 x 10 x 1 x 0.80

Which means, 52 FF's allowed to start the FF 40th race (round up for partial car result).

During practice and qual. the FIA allowed FF's would be 62 (120% over the race limit)

NOTE: G is the variable in this case (assuming duration is constant)

G for Single seat and sports racer under 2 liters = 0.80
G for closed wheel over 2.0 Liters = 0.70
G for Single seat over 2 Liters = 0.60

NOTE: In the FIA's mind, single seat means open wheel.

Last edited:
The car count could be even crazier if they use the old 25 cars per mile rule of thumb. That would make it around 100 cars on that 4 mile circuit.

Rob

Ken, your attempt to mix my words is shameful, but the context corrected has no bearing on Trout or Mike! Or does it...
I do trust my buddies here in the NW, and on averge I'd say they are a notch up on most other regions in experience and talent - but being on track with anywhere from 52 to 100 other drivers I've never met is going to be interesting to the extreme.

Oh Oh, I have a question that actually RELATES to the topic of this thread!

If possible, would it be a good idea for the 'link master' to put a link to the entry list on the ICSCC web site?

Like, perhaps right alongside the Race announcement, sched, sups, on the FORMS page? That would give the 100's who do not visit the Forum access to it.

Just a thought.

Holly

Registration worked great , updated my transponder number and it even had my correct car number.

Thanks
Tim

Randy , car looks great.

Wahoo entered! 14 novices so far.....Mr. License Director is going to have his hands full.:p

Rutroo...I shut up now;)

taking notes, mmm hmm, Mr. Norton, Mr. Clinton...

I know of at least one other GT1 car that will be there for sure, and two others that are likely. When was the last time you saw 10 GT1 cars on the grid?

That's freakin awesome! I love the ground pounders!

Me too! I remember standing at the fence at Pacific as a kid clutching the wire fence as they went by. My Dad used to frown (stand next to his 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4) and say "They are all horsepower" "I know!" we replied.

Don Jensen told me "Keep adding horsepower till the handling gets evil, then you have something"

Steve, when we eventually move up to group 4 look who will be "ground pounding" by us!
"groundpounder", "barcalounger", "GTO","twin cam Mustang" some "monte carlo" and the others.

We already made the Dean's list! Wait......:p

Me too! I remember standing at the fence at Pacific as a kid clutching the wire fence as they went by. My Dad used to frown (stand next to his 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4) and say "They are all horsepower" "I know!" we replied.

Don Jensen told me "Keep adding horsepower till the handling gets evil, then you have something"

Steve, when we eventually move up to group 4 look who will be "ground pounding" by us!
"groundpounder", "barcalounger", "GTO","twin cam Mustang" some "monte carlo" and the others.

We already made the Dean's list! Wait......:p

I know -- I already want to put on the big turbo!!... but it'll never be the same :(

I remember the days when there was no age limits for ride alongs at track days. I was about 5 or 6 the first time I got a ride in my dad's GT1 prepped '71 Mustang... I couldn't even see over the dash. All I remember was hanging onto the roll cage as hard as I could, and my helmet banging off the roll cage. Scared the poo outta me and he was probably only going 50mph :)

DadsCar.jpg

I know -- I already want to put on the big turbo!!... but it'll never be the same :(

I remember the days when there was no age limits for ride alongs at track days. I was about 5 or 6 the first time I got a ride in my dad's GT1 prepped '71 Mustang... I couldn't even see over the dash. All I remember was hanging onto the roll cage as hard as I could, and my helmet banging off the roll cage. Scared the poo outta me and he was probably only going 50mph :)

DadsCar.jpg

See that explains why we are the way we are. :D
Would not have it any other way!

Well...if you're a trend guy. Last year at this time, 8 days b4, we had 145 and finished with 195 attendees. In 2007 at this time, 8 days b4, we had 169 and finished with 188 attendees.

That concludes this useless bit of trivia...

Back