One of those......

Richard Broadhead

Flag & Com
GEEZUS videos you just gotta see to believe! Yes it's a GEEZUS video and if you are a LOVER of SPEED, it's MAGIC! Something like 'The Need for SPEED' after racing!

Love the flying past people standing on observation decks overlooking canyons! And at about 1:50 passing UNDER the high voltage lines!

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=18150336

Would I do it? Love to but HECK (with a double L) NO!!! :)

Last edited:
Incredible. I tipped my chair up and sat on the edge for the entire time. It looks like fun but I don't think I have big enough ones.

Look real close and it can not tell if they are wearing a parchute. you noticed that it did not show any actual landings.

Is this reeeaally what you call 'more guts then brains?'

What about the scenes where they pull their chute? They all have chutes.

I'll admit here and now, I'm way too much of a pussy to do this. BUT! if I was diagnosed with something terminal, then I'm taking the next flight over there!

This is basically a modified form of BASE jumping, the only difference being that they get to glide for a fair while before pulling their chute. In some ways, actually, it's probably safer than BASE jumping. Of course, there's the risk in forgetting that you're actually falling and not really flying...

HOLY CRAP Batman.
Just give me a 737 etc, I'm all good with that.

Do you think just one good, unexpected wind gust, could ruin your day?

LOL yes, HIGHLY modified :) Like the parts between the trees and through the canyons...

I believe the idea for these suits came out of some techniques and equipment that were developed for getting jumpers away from cliff/canyon walls (the "E" jumps in BASE). That's what it looks like, anyway.

I might have stained myself watching that, but it is SO cool! Would i do it? Yeah, it's better to die rapidly from adrenaline overload than laying around in a nursing home sucking my gums wondering who i was...

i think someone should check the math of the fall rates vs speed and if they can stall like planes and see if you could land on water.....

i think someone should check the math of the fall rates vs speed and if they can stall like planes and see if you could land on water.....

The "ideal" glide speed in one is about 90 MPH. They have a glide ratio (a good suit and pilot) of about 2.5 feet horizontal distance for each 1 foot of drop.

Yes, people have died doing this flying through the mountains thing but it is BEAUTIFUL.

Doing this (the right way) you MUST have 200 certified parachute jumps from planes before you can buy a Wingsuit from a reputable maker.

Last edited:
Very cool video !! As a kid I had dreams I could fly . I can imagine the adrenaline rush from doing this is incredible :)

I can always do this safely on my kids Nintendo 3DS :)

Back