On-Track damage insurance?

I wonder what their definition is for "semi-professional" LOL.

I thought the meant like USTCC or something....

Of course they said they have great priced coverage for Time Trials and HPDE's

I'm a little bummed out about this. I think it is a huge business strategy mistake on their part! The club racers are typically more gentle with their cars (insert laugh here) because they have to pay for them (and typically fix them themselves). Unlike a lot of the crazy sponsored pro drivers who really have nothing to lose if they wreck their owners car. Its harder to explain to your wife why you have to repair the car than it would be a boss.

I was going to say check out racersinsuranceadvantage.com, but say they had a note saying their policy covers everything except when its on the track surface or operating under its own power....

If you look at the rates the pros pay, it is a huge premium, and a huge deductible. They have a lot of insentive not to wreck their quarter million dollar race cars.

On the other hand, I can see the club racer as rife for abuse. Get a ratted out $3k race car, insure it for stated value of $30k, crash it and cash in. Who's going to write a policy for that?

If you look at the rates the pros pay, it is a huge premium, and a huge deductible. They have a lot of insentive not to wreck their quarter million dollar race cars.

On the other hand, I can see the club racer as rife for abuse. Get a ratted out $3k race car, insure it for stated value of $30k, crash it and cash in. Who's going to write a policy for that?

That's a good point. But I think it would be fairly straight forward for the insurer to find a way to verify the stated value. I have to admit, I really wasn't sure to put as a stated value for my own car.... An evalaution of stated value would have been appreciated.

Back