Old Pictures from PR, and a location ID please.

The shot of Mark D in the #6 Lola is awesome Ron. I'd love to have that one and one of him in his #6 T/A side by side. The talent on Jim's list is incredible, including our own Stan Burnett and Monte Shelton. Wasn't Mike Eyerly from around here also?

Ask and you shall receive...

Or, for what it's worth, here is a higher DPI scan version of the #6 Donohue Lola. Shoud print 8 1/2 X 11 just fine. Print smaller and it is a little sharper. About 500kb, right click and save.
#6 Donohue Lola

Awesome shots! I remember watching transam roar down the hill around 82 or so. Its great seeing these older shots. Keep it up!

I hope I'm not posting this twice...

He's right, #11 is Lothar M., he was a national pro series driver who always ran #11, which is why local driver Lew Florence in his yellow #11 Genie (seen in your earlier pictures on this thread) ran #17 in this race, due to the judicious application of black electrical tape to his permanent number. I wonder if that works with today's transponders

I think the fifth car going down the hill is Skip Scott, I know ninth place is Sam Posey (McLaren II, white sides, blue middle), current ABC motorsports announcer. A few places behind Posey is local driver Don Jensen in his winged orange Burnett.

A funny story about the start of this race (1967 USRRC): after the rolling pace lap the cars lined up for a 3-2-3 standing start, Grant #78 on the pole, when the starter slowly lifted the green flag Grant inched forward over the line, almost a car length, everyone in the tower was yelling and groaning, when the flag finally dropped he got smoked on the start, wound up 4th coming out of turn 2. C'est la vie...

Ron, please feel free to publish more photos from SIRs halcyon days. I wonder where I have my photos of the 1070 TransAm...

Back