Old Lola Chassis Search

HayesCages

I'm looking for a Lola chassis that was sold to someone in the NW out of the UK probably 15 or so years ago. It would be pretty easy to spot since it has a steel tub that's been chopped off with a 'gas ax' just behind the roll bar and had an air-cooled engine 'applied' to the back end. The chassis designation is a T-62 from 1966. If you know where this car is please let me know as it will close a lot of gaps in the history of my car and several others as well.
Thanks, Lawrence

Hey Lawrence - You might drop a note to pdxracer, Dan Mullin has a vintage Lola, and would probably know lots about other Lola owners in the area, he's probably owned his at least that long. He and Dave Franks could point you to others. If you're not subscribed to pdxracer. Their contact info might be found in the vintage pages on www.oregonscca.com.

Thanks to the first response and *&^% O*f to the second! Yes, it's that POS in my shop. I've got a ton of documentation now but David Hobbs and John Surtees (even though they're likelydocumented as driving this chassis) insist that they've never driven this car...
Contacted the last driver and am in contact with his more 'approchable' son. Got a few nice pics of it from SIR in '74 with really big tires, out-board fuel tanks (scary) and treaded tires.

Last edited:
Back