Novice written test

....Your flying down to 3 at seattle going oh, 80, and some unfortunate soul is upside down in the middle of the track at 3 with smoke rising, flagfolks are running towards him and you dont see any flags. what are YOU going to do? ....

Fortunately EVERYBODY did exactly the right thing when that happened!

You said the hotshoe was not wanting to pass cause it was only practice. So why would any of these questions apply in this case? Just asking...
Oh, my answer; hold your line and ignore him, especially in a braking zone.

Well Wes, I was having a bad morning, and it got worse. :eek: Funny thing happened on the way back to the pits, ole Ken stopped me and said,"why did you do that?" I replied, "I could see you grinning in your helmet and just missed the turn in by a smidge". I have no idea what the heck I was thinking, 9 years in road racing and im still not used to having mirrors, they wernt allowed in NASCAR and AMA. I went home telling myself I was going to write "I will never look at Ken in the mirror again" a thousand times on my garage wall but I can still see him grinning two years later, still remember the quiet of sliding across that wet grass too..then the sound of fiberglass shattering, door crumpling and then a thud of a tire against my hemet. All novices should hear these stories so they dont have to remember them for a long time.

Last Question

If for whatever reason you get into the wet grass at portland, will it

A...Slowly slow you down until you hit something heavier than you?

B...Accelerate you until you hit something heavier than you?

C...Absolutely not change your speed or trajectory until you hit something heavier than you?

that should be an easy one.

Last edited:
When you hear "First call to pre-grid," should you:

A. Continue running the course in your mind, as you've been on pre-grid since the previous group left.

B. Wonder aloud whether you have enough gas in the tank.

C. Start the car to warm the engine and get into your driver's gear.

D. Quickly chug the beer you just opened.

Keep in mind that one benefit that comes with the upgrade on Saturday is that you get to race on Sunday without having to pay for it! Well, the entry fee that is...

So if you can't race on Sunday, if I were you, I would wait until your next race before the actual 'upgrade' happens. Just means you get four Novice races under your belt...all the better in my opinion.

But we all know what my opinion is worth: every penny that you paid for it!

When you hear "First call to pre-grid," should you:

A. Continue running the course in your mind, as you've been on pre-grid since the previous group left.

B. Wonder aloud whether you have enough gas in the tank.

C. Start the car to warm the engine and get into your driver's gear.

D. Quickly chug the beer you just opened.

D! YES, I GOT ONE RIGHT FINALLY! With the amendment "Take your shot of tequila that your crew chief just handed you and then quickly chug the beer..."

I love this game

D! YES, I GOT ONE RIGHT FINALLY! With the amendment "Take your shot of tequila that your crew chief just handed you and then quickly chug the beer..."

I love this game

Steve you beat me too it! :p Works for golf okay.
Naw against the rules and I like my new ICSCC friends so can't do it. We should have a kart race where you have to slam/chug during pit stops. :D

Steve you beat me too it! :p Works for golf okay.
Naw against the rules and I like my new ICSCC friends so can't do it. We should have a kart race where you have to slam/chug during pit stops. :D

ooo oooo ready for my CSI:Miami moment?!

"Now that's what I call refueling" AAAYYYYEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH

Um, is anyone else concerned about the new crop of Novices?

Mr. License Director reigns us in when he feels we need it. So far I have avoided the dreaded "Gibbs slap to the back Tony's head" NCIS correction. :cool:
I think I have figured it out. We novices being new have no life.
Race Win Live everything else is just waiting around to die.

Appropriate fun is borrrinngg.

:( Yea, but those are the rules if we want to play so it's all good.

Um, is anyone else concerned about the new crop of Novices? :D

LOL!

Seriously, I feel very comfortable driving in the novice group. I think the group as a whole has good driving skills and good situational awareness. Much better than some HPDEs I've particpated in.

LOL!

Seriously, I feel very comfortable driving in the novice group. I think the group as a whole has good driving skills and good situational awareness. Much better than some HPDEs I've particpated in.

I agree Mike. I hope the other drivers do too since most of us have been door handle to door handle at least once this season. I am agressive but will give the other guy enough room to race, and not an inch more. LOL I kidd, I want to pass/win but I want to play nice too.

The redline time attack championships at Laguna I went to were a real eye opener. 400+ hp cars driven by guys in tshirts and open track passing where ever. Oh and driving at and beyond the limit! Crazy. I feel so much better with ICSCC. We have a good group and keep an eye out for each other. Not being able to repair the car if wadded up helps too:p

a wee bit concerned about the G-6 novices, but the'll be a little more seasoned before I get my sports racer out there.

Back