New here

rapid butterfly

Hi, all.

Long time autocrosser looking to make the jump into tin top racing that isn't lemons / chump (have done 7 of those and enjoy them, just want to try sprints too and have the comfort of having a car that's solid). Looking hard at Pro3. (Also do track days with my sport bike, know that isn't this club's bailiwick)

Relatively new to this area; moved here about a year ago, from VA.

Maybe I'll meet some of you at the CSCC novice school at PIR in early March; it's my understanding that can count toward a novice license for Pro3).

Very respectfully,
Mina Ingraham
ORSCCA and looking to join CSCC

Hello Mina, welcome to ICSCC!
Very glad to see that you are considering road racing with us, I can't think of a better group of folks to hang out with at the track. Starting with the driver training event in March is exactly what you need to do, you'll find the instruction on and off the track to be thorough and the guidance/path into our Novice program very helpful. Pro3 is a fantastic class full of great drivers, intense competition, and awesome camaraderie. I'm sure you're going to hear from lots of folks here on the forum, welcoming you, and answering any questions you might have.

Looking forward to meeting you at the track. Cheers!

Mirko

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you as well.

Side note - some have described Pro3 suspension rules as "open" but I take it they just mean any springs shocks and bars - I don't see any provision for altering suspension pick up points, etc. (which suits me fine)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you as well.

Side note - some have described Pro3 suspension rules as "open" but I take it they just mean any springs shocks and bars - I don't see any provision for altering suspension pick up points, etc. (which suits me fine)

Welcome! If you are truly interested in Pro3 you will quickly receive lots of information from the scores of active participants in that class. They have a Yahoo group dedicated to in depth discussion about all things Pro3 and simply reading the years of past discussion, rules debate, technical info and accumulated documents and pictures would probably teach you most of what you would likely need to know about the class. You will also find that there will be a Pro3 competitor living relatively near you in almost every area of the Northwest. They are extremely welcoming to new racers and actively encourage and mentor those who wish to join the class. There are lots of resources for affordably renting a car to see if the class suits you, drivers who will mentor and coach you, people who will build cars for you from budget all the way to top shelf, and folks who are resources if you wish to build your own. They are not the largest and most competitive group in Conference for no reason!

On top of that we currently have a ICSCC License Director who runs our novice driver training program who is one of the founders of the class and a fantastic resource for both driver development and Pro3 history and information - Wes Hill.

You have definitely come to the right place - look forward to meeting you.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome! If you are truly interested in Pro3 you will quickly receive lots of information from the scores of active participants in that class. They have a Yahoo group dedicated to in depth discussion about all things Pro3 and simply reading the years of past discussion, rules debate, technical info and accumulated documents and pictures would probably teach you most of what you would likely need to know about the class. You will also find that there will be a Pro3 competitor living relatively near you in almost every area of the Northwest. They are extremely welcoming to new racers and actively encourage and mentor those who wish to join the class. There are lots of resources for affordably renting a car to see if the class suits you, drivers who will mentor and coach you, people who will build cars for you from budget all the way to top shelf, and folks who are resources if you wish to build your own. They are not the largest and most competitive group in Conference for no reason!

On top of that we currently have a ICSCC License Director who runs our novice driver training program who is one of the founders of the class and a fantastic resource for both driver development and Pro3 history and information - Wes Hill.

You have definitely come to the right place - look forward to meeting you.

Welcome to the insanity, Mina. I'm by no means super-knowledgeable about PRO3, but I'm pretty certain your assumption about what "open" means with suspension rules is correct. Also, and not to poop on PRO3 at all, but you might also consider Spec E46, which is (in a lot of ways) sort of "PRO3 with newer cars." Unless you've got a line on a car at a steal of a price, a front-running SE46 is going to run you roughly what a front-running PRO3 will.

Said the guy who doesn't compete in either PRO3 or SE46... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the insanity, Mina. I'm by no means super-knowledgeable about PRO3, but I'm pretty certain your assumption about what "open" means with suspension rules is correct. Also, and not to poop on PRO3 at all, but you might also consider Spec E46, which is (in a lot of ways) sort of "PRO3 with newer cars." Unless you've got a line on a car at a steal of a price, a front-running SE46 is going to run you roughly what a front-running PRO3 will.

Said the guy who doesn't compete in either PRO3 or SE46... :)

For those that don't know - Mina pulled the trigger and bought Ol Grandad Pro3 #120.
I was impressed with Mina's attitude toward racing and I believe she will be a great addition to ICSCC and the Cascade Club.
I give her one year and I will see how fast my old car could have been :)

- - - Updated - - -

For those that don't know - Mina pulled the trigger and bought Ol Grandad Pro3 #120.
I was impressed with Mina's attitude toward racing and I believe she will be a great addition to ICSCC and the Cascade Club.
I give her one year and I will see how fast my old car could have been :)

Thanks, all. Sorry for the late reply. Many things to learn, sort, and so on.

Brunhilde, for that is her new name, will probably get a new number this year, to reflect my autox traditions, along with this and that. I do like the E46 cars, but to me an E30 is a simpler car....and I also have many lemons hours in an E30 so it all just seemed like the car Greg built was destined to come home with me. :)

See y'all out there soon.

Mina

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, all. Sorry for the late reply. Many things to learn, sort, and so on.

Brunhilde, for that is her new name, will probably get a new number this year, to reflect my autox traditions, along with this and that. I do like the E46 cars, but to me an E30 is a simpler car....and I also have many lemons hours in an E30 so it all just seemed like the car Greg built was destined to come home with me. :)

See y'all out there soon.

Mina

Back