New attachment size limits

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
A conversation at the Fall Meeting reminded me that, because of the decent size of server space we enjoy, I had set the forum software to store post attachments outside the database where messages are stored. What this means for you is that I had already set the size restrictions on attachments to be pretty high, and I've just raised the limits again.

Pictures can now be of any dimension (height/width) and up to 500KB in size. Most other file types (.doc, .pdf, etc) can now be up to 100KB in size.

So this would be legal?

Cover-2011.jpg

Okay, I am as dumb as I thought I was ... just wanted to make sure!

Ting took a cool picture that I thought I'd put up against Lance's bimmers ... but I'm hopeless and it only came out as a teeny tiny little thing, not doing justice to the scope of Turn 3B at all!

Bonnie- I kinda like your turn 3B picture. It reminds me of some great advice I received from the one and only John Bonforte. It went something like this- The black stuff is the asphalt, the brown stuff is the dirt so stay on the black stuff. I wish I could just get that figured out as it might help my lap times.

Okay, I am as dumb as I thought I was ... just wanted to make sure!

Ting took a cool picture that I thought I'd put up against Lance's bimmers ... but I'm hopeless and it only came out as a teeny tiny little thing, not doing justice to the scope of Turn 3B at all!

I don't know how dumb you might be (I'm blonde so, you know, stones and glass houses and all that), but attached pictures will automatically get resized to thumbnails, if possible. If you click the tiny one, it'll expand into something bigger. Lance simply made a link to a picture that's hosted on some other site.

Oops, sorry. My example was bad. Attachments, not links. (but people prefer to look at links so they don't have to click)

Heh ... was that your little yellow Mazda in the picture Duane? You'll see we didn't look the least bit concerned, we knew you'd get it under control! :)

Steve, I can one up you ... I'm not blonde, I'm GRAY!!! When it comes to ANYTHING tech-like, I'm brain-dead. Example ... my dusty cell phone has painter's tape on the back of it with my phone number written on it, because I can never remember it and have no idea how to look it up. Seriously.

Nice picture, by the way!

I'll just crawl back under my rock now, experiment over ...

The black stuff is the asphalt, the brown stuff is the dirt so stay on the black stuff. I wish I could just get that figured out as it might help my lap times.

Naw, I think you stayed on the tarmac and that's me in the dust cloud trying -- and failing -- to catch you!
I don't really need you getting any help with your lap times!

Back