My hat is off to the driver's and driver's family members wearing white Father's Day

Greg Miller

The IRDC - Cartender Challenge would not have happened without the turnout from the driver community at large. We were very short staffed due to Rose Cups and Fathers Day.
One at least was sporting brand new whites! Looking pretty spiff here Wes, too bad any lady drivers were going past you at over 100 mph.
It takes a village to put on a race and only when it works like last weekend can it be fun for all including the marshals and other volunteers.
BBQ2U provided yet another great meal Saturday and drivers and crew joined the social in good number.
Race Chair Jason couldn't race but did the next best thing - Driving the Pace Car with the trophy girl in the passenger seat :)

Great weekend! The course workers (once again) did great work and put up with rainy conditions - and there was plenty of work out there! You guys are wonderful and I'm glad we have such a dedicated and tireless group keeping us safe!! The blue flagging (my favorite flag in the Vee ;)was exceptional in the rain because I couldn't always see behind me with the rain pouring down.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!

Jim Phoenix
FV 345

Thanks to all who do it every weekend as well as those who worked and/or stepped up big to recruit friends/family to help.

Wish I could have been there. This is the first IRDC race I've missed in many years. Had to support my home track this weekend at PIR, even though the turnout was disappointing. Hopefully we can see fewer scheduling conflicts next year.

Wish I could have been there. This is the first IRDC race I've missed in many years. Had to support my home track this weekend at PIR, even though the turnout was disappointing. Hopefully we can see fewer scheduling conflicts next year.
I'll second that! Mothers Day, Fathers Day / Rose Cup conflict. It would not have been our choice :(

I want to give a special shout-out of thanks to PRO 3 driver Martin Wild, who kindly came out BOTH DAYS to work with me at Turn 6. Truly appreciated, especially as he gave up his Father’s Day with his two-and-a-half year old to be there! Having a driver with me was so wonderful, he didn’t need a lot of coaching and was an excellent blue flagger to boot! He even managed not to look away to see his buddies racing up the hill to Turn 7, so I could just concentrate on yellow and communications and not worry about any incoming traffic at Turn 6.

We had quite an animated discussion on this forum last fall about drivers coming out to work turns, and it seems the PRO 3 group took it to heart, so a sincere and heartfelt thank you for that. We couldn’t have done it this weekend without you. And again, my special thanks to Martin, who was a delight to work with.

I'll second that! Mothers Day, Fathers Day / Rose Cup conflict. It would not have been our choice :(

Hate to Poo on this party BUT, every time the subject of some coordination to avoid conflicts n the intra club scheduling comes up LOTS OF PEOPLE poopoo it saying there is NO PROBLEM!! Hmmm

Hate to Poo on this party BUT, every time the subject of some coordination to avoid conflicts n the intra club scheduling comes up LOTS OF PEOPLE poopoo it saying there is NO PROBLEM!! Hmmm
I'm not so sure there is no problem, but I do know there is no easy way to fix it. Most tracks don't just let you have the date you want, they give you very few options and the clubs do their best with what they've been offered. I do know our E Board reps are in constant contact with other club reps and SCCA, SOVREN during selection time to do whatever they can. If it were simple interclub conflicts and family day conflicts wouldn't happen.

I don't know of ANYONE who says there's NO PROBLEM - the PROBLEM is the difficulty in scheduling, and I'm very grateful to the clubs for the work they do in trying to organize dates. I can imagine it's a thankless task for those who put so much effort into it, and I'm sure they do their best to avoid it whenever possible. No one wins when there's a conflict - it stretches the ever-dwindling volunteer base even further, and cuts down on the number of entries for each club. 'nuff said.

So let's go back to the POSITIVE aspects of this post and THANK everyone for a great weekend! And by the way, to IRDC, a big THANK YOU for increasing the donation to the volunteers, it really helps cut the travel cost down.

I will say one more thing ... I LOVE the Seattle track and I'm so sorry there's only one race there this year! :(

I just wanted to say that I was more than happy to be able to help out at T6 with Bonnie for the weekend. Bonnie was very professional and patient with me and we had a great time all weekend. I learned alot from Bonnie and her many years of experience and I know much of it I will take back with me when I'm racing my car which will surely make me a better driver and have a better perspective of what the corner workers deal with when communicating with us drivers. Thanks for your great mentoring Bonnie! Looking forward to doing it again sometime. I recommend that all drivers get out to a turn station and volunteer their services when they can.

I will say one more thing ... I LOVE the Seattle track and I'm so sorry there's only one race there this year! :(

I'm with you Bonnie, I was looking forward to that race with the new section of pavement.If only they would repave the rest.

Thank you to the corner workers who we hope to never see close up in a personal way except during the Saturday dinner and everyone else who helped put on another terrific weekend at Pacific Raceway. Watching it all so makes me want to get back behind the wheel. You're all the best.

Jim, Tim & Jason Venable

I think that most had a good time and the precipitation didn't seem to dampen all the spirits. X-it T9... big badda bumps. Spins-2 Wall tap-1

Back