More IRDC 2009 Fast Lap to Fall Pictures

rons

Ron Standley
A few of the pictures I took at the IRDC 2009 Fast Lap to Fall. These are from both days, September 26 & 27, 2009.

A few posted here, see the link below for the rest.

p634705570-3.jpg

p565356236-3.jpg

p681753026-3.jpg

Here about 1/2 I have online, enough I got bored posting.
As is usual, click on any picture and arrow left-right.

Those images are so clear I can see a few drivers that have their helmet visors up without any eye protection. hmmm....

I can repeat the story of the cone that got tossed 10 feet up in the air by a car at Turn 1 at Pacific Raceways, landed squarely on the windshield of a following car at well over 100mph. Though the laminated glass stayed in one piece, tiny shards of glass from the spider cracking covered the driver who luckily had their visor down and kept those shards of glass from getting in their eyes which surely would have been painful. The windshield (in a BMW E30) was pushed back so far from the impact that the glass was rubbing against the driver's gloves on the steering wheel.

Lesson: wear eye protection.

Those images are so clear I can see a few drivers that have their helmet visors up without any eye protection. hmmm....
Thanks.

I can repeat the story of the cone that got tossed 10 feet up in the air by a car at Turn 1 at Pacific Raceways, landed squarely on the windshield of a following car at well over 100mph. Though the laminated glass stayed in one piece, tiny shards of glass from the spider cracking covered the driver who luckily had their visor down and kept those shards of glass from getting in their eyes which surely would have been painful. The windshield (in a BMW E30) was pushed back so far from the impact that the glass was rubbing against the driver's gloves on the steering wheel.

Lesson: wear eye protection.
Sounds like simple protection for a nasty accident.

I have shots of multiple cone incidents from T8 this weekend that I did not post. One cone made a break for it all the way down close to T9. Stayed in the middle of the lane and cars were going around both sides.

Daniel Morrison. Hes a cool guy, just met him last weekend glad to see him upgrade to Area driver.
Do you know what he's done to the car? Every now and then it seems some one shows up with a Capri. Never when I seem to be at the track. I just found some one on Craigslist with two of them(yellow) they were trying to sell. They looked like good race car projects.

Last edited:
Back