Mission Race Weekend Move In Question--

Bill Bonsell

Heading up to Mission this Labor Day weekend. Going to do the Friday T&T....question I have is - does anyone know if you can move into the track Thursday?And if not, can anyone recommend a place to park a RV and enclosed trailer Thursday night?

Thanks -

Bill

Yeah, I had the same question, but will probably just motor up Friday morning.
Gates open at 9 according to the web-site. Huh, that's kinda late.

I've heard various things about how much gas we can bring up through Canadian customs.
Some say less than 5 gallons and that they may charge you tariff if you bring more.

Never made the trip -- what's the real scoop?

The track is not available for move in Thursday night.

We are required to have the gate manned by security over night if anyone is staying on site over night. We will have security manning the gate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I'm sorry I can't name any camp grounds near by, but maybe someone else can help with that.

Thanks for coming up to Mission to race with us.

David Bell
SCCBC Treasurer

The only info I could find on the Test and Tune is below, via this direct link to the page, or by clicking on the Driver Info link at the SCCBC site.
Pretty well hidden!
It looks like they don't take plastic, so have cash or checks at the ready. Neither event (this or the race) can be paid through Motorsportsreg, so it appears the race is also cash or check.
=========================================

RACE WEEKEND FRIDAY PRACTICE

Practice is open to all weekend race entrants from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2011 SCCBC Practice Days:
April 15
June 17
August 5
September 2

Click on a date to got directly to MotorportReg.com to register.

If at least 20 drivers have not pre-registered at least 1 week prior to the SCCBC practice day then it will be cancelled. The Practice Day Registration will be availabe on MotorsportReg.com.

Gates open at 9:00a.m.

Price is $115.00 CDN

Pay at the gate.

License & club cards required.
Please bring exact change or cheques payable to the
Sports Car Club of B.C.

Practice sessions will be 20 minutes and alternate between
closed and open wheel.

Last edited:
The race reg can be paid with plastic (at least with Canadian plastic, so I would assume US credit cards would be fine!). The practice day is paid at the gate, so yeah, no plastic :)

The race reg can be paid with plastic (at least with Canadian plastic, so I would assume US credit cards would be fine!). The practice day is paid at the gate, so yeah, no plastic :)

Motorsport Reg isn't sent up to handle Canadian transactions. You can pay by cash, visa, mastercard, or cheque at registration for the race. The practice is day is cash or cheque only.

Motorsport Reg isn't sent up to handle Canadian transactions. You can pay by cash, visa, mastercard, or cheque at registration for the race. The practice is day is cash or cheque only.

Yup... Didn't I just say that? :) Anyway, I was just pointing out that the race registration is paid for at the club house, where they CAN accept cards. But registration doesn't open until Friday afternoon, so you have to pay for practice at the gate.

As for camping.. I know there's this: http://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/rolley-lake/camping/

But you might be looking for a closer, less scenic spot :)

Back