March 24th TnT at Pacific - $125.

Bill Bonsell

Weather is looking great - mid to upper 50's. We will have our Miatas out - anyone else wanting to come out and play??

How can u beat the price?? Race season is right around the corner.

Bill-

I would but I just played with the car last weekend. Have fun!

So how did you like The Ridge Colin?? How'd your video come out? Posting? You had a bit better weather Saturday than we had on Sunday. Woke up Sunday morning and it was snowing! But was able to finally get a decent dry session after lunch.
Hoping to race there in April.

Bill-

I absolutely loved it. The 8% grade in the Lemur Comples and at the Ridge Complex plus the 4% grade before braking into T8 (or is it T7?) sure make it a real roller coaster. I also found I could improve my time by left foot braking in a few areas while remaining at WOT, however after doing so for a couple laps my brake pedal quickly got LOOOONNNGG. That will need to be saved as a passing or catching technique during a race unless I can improve my brake ducting. The drop down the hill in the Ridge Complex was a great place for a little left foot pedal action, really helped the car remain smooth and settled.

Back to the track.

It is terrific and a real privilege to have a track like this our neck of the woods. Turn 1 will really seperate the men from the boys (sorry Karen, it's just a phrase) or at the very least the good setups from the not so good setups. I really like the view of the Christmas tree farm as we exit T3 into 4. The Carousel was a real mystery and I found that the seam in the pavement actually upset the car and I finally decided to change my braking entry and then remain on the inside of it. It may not have been the seam necessarily but I heard some other drivers say the pavement on the other side the seam could be a bit off camber. I haven't walked the track yet so I can't pin it down. Eventually I fell in love with The Carousel and the follow braking zone where you have to turn into a corner you can't see!

The available grip was staggering! My 40 session Hankooks felt like they were brand new. After I downloaded the data from AIM SOLO and compared it to my video I found myself saying... "Could have waited another 20 feet there, could have stayed WOT there.." etc etc. I think the front running ITA cars will be at or under the 2 minute mark.

Map for reference:
The-Ridge-Track-Map.jpg

Video of my fast lap.

p.s. I'd like to thank 425 Motorsports for talking me into the HJC Si-12 helmet. Wow, what a difference it is having a helmet that's under 3lbs!

as always good video colin and nice write-up on your thoughts... I'm still stuck in winter-mode so to speak with my motor still at the machine shop (sleeving after the latest spun bearing).

Wish I could get out for the TnT on Saturday... hopefully my car will be done soon!

Back