Log Book

GGilmor

Well the 911 is coming along for ST class so I need to think about getting the details in line for next seasons racing.

Does Conference issue log books or do I get that from the club I am a member in?

Can I run with a NASA log book?

Is there an annual tech inspection that needs to be done before I show up at the track for my first event?

Conference issues log books. You CAN get an annual inspection, but you don't have to. Tech is available at the track on race week-ends for you and your gear.

It's a HUGE help to Tech (and you) if you print the annual form from the ICSCC web site, fill it out ahead of time, and bring it with you. The Tech guys only occasionally carry extra forms with them.

.... Can I run with a NASA log book?

You CAN use your NASA log book to obtain an ICSCC log book for the car.

Did NASA stamp your role bar? If not you may need an inspection hole for wall thickness and then ICSCC tech can measure it and issue a stamp/log book. ALL other "normal' safety items such as fire bottle charge, etc. and 'neatness' of wiring will be checked. ALSO your personal safety gear.

ONE advantage of an annual tech is you can skip the normal tech (NOTE: One group has manditory tech each weekend regardless of an annual tech sticker) at each race and just bring your personal gear to tech to get a sticker after you register. Saves time.

NOTE:
The ANNUAL TECH sticker goes in your log book. Not on the car. That way when you take your gear and log book to tech post registration they can issue you your weekend sticker that goes on the car.

Not as complex as it sounds.

Last edited:
Who in Portland is authorized to do annual tech inspection?
The car is being prepared by Rothsport Racing which is approved by SCCA & NASA - would they work?

There are indeed some prep shop people who are 'certified/authorized' to do annual techs. I don't know who in the Porltand area is. Contact your Chief of Tech for Team Continental or Cascade Club (whichever you belong too).

If you can't get it done by somebody that way, go through your 1st weekend tech. Ask the tech guys there if they have time to give you an ANNUAL some time during the weekend. They are SUPER and will get it done.

Back