Light Hearted Post from another Forum - For Enzo fans

Seriously Bob, it must be damn difficult to be dropped into a modern F1 car with no testing, and asked to perform, even with his vast experience. I think he was being overly polite to his fellow drivers in Valencia, but to keep that seat he'll need to really pick up the pace at Spa this week-end.
Did you sell your Miata yet?

Last edited:
Okay, I must not be reading things well at all tonight, I thought from Kevin's website he was in the Pacific Northwest now ... I guess it was just a one-off drive?

Bonnie - I lived in Seattle for nearly seventeen years. We're in Charlotte, NC now. When I want to race amongst real drivers and real friends, I STILL come back to the Pac NW and drive in Conference races!! ICSCC is head and shoulders above so many other 'organizations'...

Holly - I'll be looking for my 'blown kisses' at the 12H in October (assuming you're there!)

Colin - Peace, and thanks for taking the time to critically review the book. It is far-fetched at times (Like Eric said, the premise of a dog narrating is itself stretched...). I simply see the book as entertainment and if it's a bit away from reality, at least it stretches the mind to possibilities. (Badoer aside...)

Garth is so busy being a rockstar-author, I'm not certain if he'll be around for the Sept. weekend - I'll drop him a note and ask him!

For myself, I'll see those of you that will be at the 12H in October!!

Thanks everyone!

Kevin was most recently out here for the Spokane race running around in both a Neon and a Pro3. He tends to make his showing during our Enduro events as well. He easily captures the award for "Furthest Distance Traveled" for a Conference event. (Kevin can't shake his Pac NW roots either. Rumor is, his BMWCCA membership remains with the Pacific NW region.)

A well-regarded racer, friend, and knowledgable fellow, he is!

Word has it that Garth Stein is due for an appearance down here on Fox Island, if I'm not mistaken. That's around the Gig Harbor area for those of you 'outsiders'!

Wes, still have the miata, not trying too hard to sell, but if someone wants a good car I have one. It has been a very long time since I drove dirt track style! On to the original post, did not our friend say before the race he was on a learning curve? What a price to pay for letting someone pass you on pit out! Hope he learns fast.

Kevin: I just realized who you are! You were the BMW in the front of group 5 on the Sunday race in Spokane! I just wish I would have known it earlier and now I feel little embarrassed as a critic of the book in which you were an inspiration.

Regardless of that, I am honored to have met you but more importantly, raced you. You put up a hell of show during that Sunday race in Spokane and afterward when you came over to congratulate me on the win and talk about the race you were very complimentary and graceful.

Even though I was a bit harsh about Garth's book, something you were a big part of, I do have something of a peace offering. I did run a camera in the Sunday race as well and have some good footage of your car (before you let the smoke out of the tires).

http://www.vimeo.com/6112108

Bonnie - I know what you mean, I was weak in the knees when I got a signed hat from Bobby Rahal....

Kevin - talk Garth into running on an Enduro team. Towey's Miatacage entry may be a driver short.... I'll where my hat!

Go “Racing in the Rain” With Author Garth Stein

Hopefully you won’t be racing through the rain on Thursday, October 29 when you’ll have two chances to meet bestselling author Garth Stein as Spokane Is Reading welcomes him to town for two speaking appearances. Stein wrote this year’s Spokane Is Reading selection, The Art of Racing in the Rain, a New York Times best seller told from an unusually smart dog’s point of view. The book appeals to a wide audience and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by Enzo’s thoughtful insights about the world around him.

Pick up a copy of the book at any of the library locations and join us on October 29. Mr. Stein will speak at the North Spokane Library on Hawthorne Road at 1 p.m. and at the downtown Masonic Center at 7 p.m. Both presentations are free, open to the public, and will be followed by a book signing. If you haven’t gotten to read the book yet join us anyway as rumor has it that Mr Stein is an excellent speaker!

Spokane is Reading is a joint venture of Spokane Public Library, the Spokane County Library District, and Auntie’s Bookstore. For more information, visit spokaneisreading.org.

--Bryan

Back