License Requirement

Vintage911

Does ICSCC honor WCMA or SCCA Race Licenses or does one have to join one of the affiliated clubs and get an ICSCC license ??

Thanks

Peter , conference recognizes CACC licenses so there should not be a problem with the WCMA one. The SCCBC is a member club of Conference and we encouirage our drivers to get Both a CACC and ICSCC license.

R Stec sports 2000

The above replys are CORRECT.

However, if you aren't licensed by one of the ICSCC member clubs, you'll have to carry a 3 digit car number (I'm pretty sure).

Not a punishment in ANY way. Just a way to let the ROD people and your fellow competitors know you may not be familiar with the nuances of racing with the other drivers in your run group, yet.

ALSO, you should get a pretty thorough briefing on our Flag procedures. They might be a touch different. Such as "back up" standing yellows and some other minor things.

Non-ICSCC licensed drivers in ICSCC races are asked to run a 700 series number, for the above mentioned reasons, and so as to be easily identifiable in results for championship points scoring purposes. Non-ICSCC drivers do not score ICSCC championship points.

Licenses other than ICSCC are recognized at the discretion of the ICSCC License Director. Generally everyone is welcome, from any legitimate racing organization, so long as they don't have any restrictions (experience or sanctions) with their current licensing body.

If a person does plan to race with ICSCC on a frequent basis, we politely ask that they support us by joining ICSCC.

Last edited:
As Randy B. IS the License Director you got the straight story now.

But I do have a question for Randy. As Vintage911 holds a competition license that is ICSCC recognized, what does he have to do to obtain an ICSCC license?

Let us refer to the good book, shall we?

http://www.icscc.com/rules/comp_regs_2009_complete.pdf

E 613. Any non-ICSCC licensed competitor entered in a Conference race must
present his/her credentials to the ICSCC License Director prior to entering
the race course. The following minimum requirements must be met before
a non-ICSCC license holder may compete in an ICSCC race:
A. Must hold a valid equivalent competition license issued by CACC,
SCCA, NASA or FIA/ASN. Licenses of other sanctioning bodies may
be honored at the discretion of the License Director.
B. Must have proof of competing in at least two (2) races in the current
and/or prior season.
C. Must hold a current valid drivers license issued State, Province,
and/or other sovereign nation.
D. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Competitors not meeting requirements 613 A and/or 613 B must first run a
Novice race under observation. They may then, at the discretion of the
License Director, be permitted to race in a Senior race during the weekend.

Just to start off with the right foot.

And a wonderful time is had by all.

Yes, Wes. I do. Thank the Lords of the Cosmic Jest.

I'm the supervisor of an electrical controls/Industrial panels shop where we deal with the NEC and UL (508A) standands pretty much every day.

Anyone that has had to work with the NFPA's Electrical Code for any period of time would consider the ICSCC Regs, and most other race sanctioning Rules/Regs as comparitive 'light' reading.

A simple cut and paste can answer a lot of questions... or raise more. But in the end its brings out a sense of personal productivity via edification.

Anyone that has had to work with the NFPA's Electrical Code for any period of time would consider the ICSCC Regs, and most other race sanctioning Rules/Regs as comparitive 'light' reading.

Amen to that. On top of that I have to deal with the rest of the NFPA code. G

Thanks guys....Great to know that we would be welcome to come out to play with you...
As far as the car number goes, does one have to pre-register for a number or is it assigned when you get there ??

Thanks again

Your number is assigned with your licence. Licence holders from the previous year maintain there numbers by renewing the licence before March 1 of the current year. After that the number is effectively free for anyone to take. The licence application form will ask you to list your 3 number preferences in the group(s) you will be running in.

It is interesting to note there are a 2 numbers classified as reserved/retired as well.

....Anyone that has had to work with the NFPA's Electrical Code for any period of time would consider the ICSCC Regs, and most other race sanctioning Rules/Regs as comparitive 'light' reading......

My dad, my brother and currently my son have ALL dealt with the NEC on a professional level at one point or another in our lives.

I find it to be a well written, well organized encyclopedia. The only thing that hurts it is 'local regulations' put on top of it.

Vintage:

When you fill out the paper work for your ICSCC license they ask you to 'request' 3 possible numbers. They will give you a number that's available in the order you request.

If you choose to race on your 'current' license and not apply initially for an ICSCC license, you'll be running a 7xx number. Currently there are ZERO 7xx numbers in Group 6. So, for an entry you could use your currnet number with a 7 added on.

Should you decide to join an ICSCC member club, select your number choices by looking at this list:

http://www.icscc.com/2009/points/09gp6.pdf

There are NO duplicate numbers in a COMPLETE run group regardless of which class you're in. So look at the list then request 3 number possibility's that are not on the list.

P.S.
The three digit numbers starting with "3" are reserved for novices.

P.P.S.
The ESR's are a gaggle of Legends cars that are a blast to watch and race wtih.. GOOD GUYS all.

P.P.P.S
FL is an 'open' Formula Libre class. Open to ANY open wheel car. So you get a lot of people entering FF's, FM's, FC's, etc and running TWO races. One in there class in Group 3 and FL in Group 6.

Sadly, there is not 2 run groups where sports racers are eligible. But you might advise your open wheel buddy's up there that they can 'double enter' in ICSCC races and get 2 races per weekend (about 3 hours track time) if they are inclined to do that (discounted entry fee).

Sports racers can get additional track time by running the 2 Enduros. Perhaps in a Fusion? :)

Last edited:
The Registrars for each club's event is usually pretty accomodating to get you a good number that is close to your normal run number. Such is a good reason for the '700' series as it can make it a bit easier to throw a seven on the side of our race car without having to go get a new paint job.

Back