Kart Enduro "Test N Tune"

Reach up and pull those belts tight...

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY BOYS, LETS GO RACING AT APEX!!!!

Sorry everyone, DW seems to have hijacked my account. See you all at the track.

Tony S

Thanks for letting me drive with those of you who came out today. That 20 minute race was awesome, and I cant wait to see you all drive the 6 hour one. Hopefully I was able to help you guys out or answer some questions. If you have any, please ask. I'll tell you everything I know. I want to see you guys put on the coolest show Apex has ever seen and have a blast doing it. Judging from the 20 minute session tonight, your race won't disappoint. You guys are awesome. Thanks for coming out to our track and helping us have a blast doing what we all love.

Tony S

Definately looking forward to the event and meeting everyone. I'm planning on being there Friday. I'll be heading out of a meeting I have in Tacoma at about 1 or 2pm.

I am hoping to head down to Apex in the afternoon to watch other people's lines.

Cheers,

Trevor

What is the final decision on Friday??

Just read through the thread again, and don't really see confirmation on the schedule/format for Friday. Is this happening?

Also - for those that can't show-up on Friday, is there an opportunity on Saturday morning for practice?

Thanks,
-Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Post #33 in this thread outlines Friday night's event.

If you want to take part, may I suggest contacting Walker at Apex to see if he would add you to his team?

There will be no Saturday morning practice, but there is still a week before the event to make some laps there if you want. Many people have been practicing.

I just got back from some "practice" today. I took a karting champ from Hawaii with me. We ran two sessions. I'm in the mid 31's and have two places that I'll work on Friday that should bring me down to the high 30's. Hopefully, that doesn't hold my team back to much.

I'm looking forward to our practice session on Friday.

It was nice to meet John Z down there today.

See you Friday.

Trevor

Sales Tax

:eek:Folks, I have to apologize, but there will be slight adjustment upwards in the Friday night Test N Tune entry fee. When we were negotiating the original 6 hour race, I assumed the total cost at 800 per hour was the number. Well, after we got done talking (Walker and I) we realized we failed to discuss sales tax. The rate we were quoted was not with sales tax added, yet we had already published it on the forum (this is the price for the 6 hour at 500 per team for track rental). Well, the net result is Walker graciously agreed to eat a portion of the sales tax portion on the 6 hour race (essentially 260 bucks) and in exchange, I agreed we would pay sales tax on the entry fees for Friday night.

Then I forgot to tell everyone, my bad. :(

So, we need to collect sales tax from each team in the amount of 14.56, or to make it easier round it up to 15 bucks per team. Thus, the entry fee will become 175 per team for Friday night, to cover taxes. I calculated the rate at 9.1% which may be high, not sure of the local sales tax rate. If we overpay I will credit each team captain at the end of the event.

Sorry for the late notice, I was reminded of it yesterday when I went to the track.

Rod

(BTW, 8,889 page views on the kart threads combined, I'm impressed!)

Last edited:
:eek:Folks, I have to apologize, but there will be slight adjustment upwards in the Friday night Test N Tune entry fee. When we were negotiating the original 6 hour race, I assumed the total cost at 800 per hour was the number. Well, after we got done talking (Walker and I) we realized we failed to discuss sales tax. The rate we were quoted was not with sales tax added, yet we had already published it on the forum (this is the price for the 6 hour at 500 per team for track rental). Well, the net result is Walker graciously agreed to eat a portion of the sales tax portion on the 6 hour race (essentially 260 bucks) and in exchange, I agreed we would pay sales tax on the entry fees for Friday night.

Then I forgot to tell everyone, my bad. :(

So, we need to collect sales tax from each team in the amount of 14.56, or to make it easier round it up to 15 bucks per team. Thus, the entry fee will become 175 per team for Friday night, to cover taxes. I calculated the rate at 9.1% which may be high, not sure of the local sales tax rate. If we overpay I will credit each team captain at the end of the event.

Sorry for the late notice, I was reminded of it yesterday when I went to the track.

Rod

(BTW, 8,889 page views on the kart threads combined, I'm impressed!)

For this error, I will exsact double that amout in openly mocking you in Public. So lets do the math
My .02 x my wit (or at least half of it) = um carry the one awe screw it, YOU SUCK!
Malibu Barbie was right, Math is HARD!
All kidding aside, thanks for coordinating Friday for us, Rod. (Now go make me a sandwich!)

That's strange Dyno, I could have sworn that Pat told me you sold your entire Barbie collection some years ago!

Back