Just a couple of photos...

westipton

Do we have incredible diversity in Conference or what?

Attachments

• PR 9-2010 016 (Small).jpg
    PR 9-2010 016 (Small).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 275
  • PR 9-2010 124 (Small).jpg
    PR 9-2010 124 (Small).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 256
If, by flamage, you mean flames from the exhaust, Ken, there were plenty on Friday's T n T! Wow, that car is cool to watch! Is that an old Indy car from the 80's, or a replica?

I think that the tub is original CART-era '80's, but essentially it's a replica with normal aspiration, from a Chevy V-8. But that's only what I seem to remember. It's first attempt to show at PacRways it had a small issue with fuel igniting on the exterior of the engine. Apparently, that's been fixed, and we'll have an excellent Group 6 contender for next season.

I may be incorrect but talking to Mike in the past I believe it is a mid 80's CART/Indy car that was one of Bobby Rahals. Can't wait to see it run/fly.

I understand it was Rahals 82' mount, which now has a 350 in it. Mr. Blackwell ws telling me they had fits with the fuel injection, but obviously it is working well now because it goes faster on the straight than his Atlantic car and sounds very sweet!
Mike was polite and very cautious around the V's and they all had a great time together.

BIG car though...

Never new he was there until he came ROARIN up behind you. Filled the mirrors, gave him a point, he acknowledged as he went by. I was only behind him once going into
T-2, the flame is really cool. Followed him the rest of the way to T-8 and never saw him again. Pretty neat being on the track at the same time with him though. I'll race with him anytime, and I'm sure that I can speak for the rest of the guys.?? #707

Plenty of flame

The car had plenty of exhaust flame down the hill to 3A, and then into 3B too. The big wing hid most of the fire at 3A, but I had a good view from behind for 3B. You can see it in the Group 6 photo album at www.dotphoto.com, user name - gerryf, password - rainbow

Back