JUNE ICSCC race HONDA CHALLENGE , Mission

cdoodson

Once again the HONDA CHALLENGE is coming back to Mission Road Racing on the First ICSCC race weekend

We will be paying a small TOW FUND to all HONDA or ACURA racers who make the trip to this race. I am also working on gifts from our local Honda Dealers.

HONDA CHALLENGE RULES 2012

This will be a HONDA Challenge race with NO pit stop and a STANDING START . Each driver must supply a crew member to assist with lining up the car in its assigned position on the front straight for the standing start.

The organizer of the Honda Challenge race may choose to invert several of the top finishers from the Saturday race to start at the rear of the field for the Sunday race. The number will be chosen before the race has begun and brought to the attention of the Race Steward.

Cars must be safety prepped to NASA, SCCA, CACC , or ICSSC standards / classes and present a current log book at tech.

The organizer of this race has the right to reclassify any cars as they see fit before the qualifying has begun, and class any cars that are not listed in the spec below.

HONDA CHALLENGE CLASSES

H1 - (Slicks permitted)

Acura - NSX, TSX, TL
GTL , GTU , SPU, ITE cars
94 and newer Integra GSR
S2000
Integra TYPE – R (all years)
Cars with DOHC engine swaps up to 2.4 litres

H2 – (DOT race tires only)

1989-91 Civics and CRXs with 1600cc engines
B-spec Honda FIT
92-95 civics with 1600 engines
90-93 Acura LS, GS, GSR
Delsol all motor

If you have any questions please contact me
Chris Doodson
cdoodson@shaw.ca

Last edited:
TOW FUND - Honda Challenge cars from the USA will get appox. $100 in tow fund per car entered in the race.

Not bad , we are paying you to just show up

Typically this race attracts between 20-30 Hondas and Acura.

Is there any HONDA , Acura drivers going to make the trip to Canada for this race ? Speak up and claim your tow fund :)

I have tentative plans to be on the east coast that weekend (June 9 & 10) but will be there if I'm still on the west coast. If I do go, I'll be coming up from Seattle with Curt's Smurf blue ex-#33 car (now #137). :)

Also, are we restricted to the NASA Honda Challenge required tire (Toyo RA1) or are we allowed to run other tires (e.g., Hoosiers)?

And thanks for organizing this. It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

CASIO , (Watches) have donated 2 expensive , Mens watches to the HONDA CHALLENGE

One for overall winner and one will be given away to one lucky driver. I will put all the names in a hat and draw one name.

GET YOUR ENTRY IN now! GROUP 9

Back