Jackets

broomspeed

Cheryl Gilbert
Since it is getting to be that time of the year again I thought I would ask before starting the whole jacket/trophy process. I am considering changing jacket styles as I have used pretty much every color combination that they offer. Does anyone have any huge aversion towards switching styles or does anyone recommend any particular style?? I am hoping to have this whole process ready to go as soon as points are finalized so now is the time to speak up! Anyhow, let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Cheryl Gilbert

Thanks, Cheryl, for handling the awards. You always put such thought into making sure they are awesome. It's much appreciated.

What if someone didn't like the chosen color for that year. Either they already have 5 green jackets, or green does not match their eyes. As an example.

If you are asking for the champion's sizes prior to jacket purchase and embroidery can't you ask for their color preference too? Providing 3 or 4 color options isn't too complicated and might see the jackets worn more if the champion liked the color.

You're right Lance.

Simply giving out nice 'annual' design patches might be easier, too. You put them on the first jacket that you ever got, until that's filled up, then get another jacket with a new color scheme and start putting patches on that one.

Okay, bad idea. But I'd hate to volunteer to be the one that had to put together the order for the vendor, then track that many drivers of multiple weight classes.

Coupons, maybe. "Here's your 'chit'. Go to www.youwanteditwhen.com, and fill out the field with that confirmation #."

I would not be surprised to find that they attempt to buy at a bulk rate where color preference could make a difference in pricing.

Just thinkin'...

I do this two or three times a year for PRO3 swag. At least from my PRO3 swag vendor in Lynnwood there is no extra charge for ordering a couple of colors of a particular garmet.

I am already offering the option of a jacket and a trophy as it is. I will not be offering multiple color choices to further complicate the process. I am sorry if that does not please you I am just doing the best job that I know how. To continue getting everyone's awards correct as I have in the past I am not going to offer 5 different options to sabotage my efforts.

All that I want to know is how everyone feels about a different style so can we please stick to that?!

Thank you,
Cheryl

Dear Cheryl,
First, I really appreciate the large amount of work you put into this
each and every year. Thank you very much!

"I am considering changing jacket styles"
I think the current style is very convienient and versatile.
It is comfortable to wear in the vast majority of weather conditions
that we have (as useful as any one jacket is likely to be!)
Meanwhile, It looks good.

"Does anyone have any huge aversion"
I've no "huge aversion", but if you have something in mind,
why don't you give us a link so we can see one specific?
(I'm reminded that sometimes "change", will outpoll "current",
but no "one new model" can come near the votes of "tested, tried and true".)

See what opinions others (that read and post on this forum) may have.

Cheryl,

Thanks for all that you do, you ROCK!!

I find that the jackets that have been given out in the past from "other" clubs and racing orginazations tend to sit in my closet and collect dust (funky colors, weird fittment, or just plain ugly). If I may suggest, I have recieved one of each of these jackets which I tend to wear all the time. Nice looking, light enough yet heavy and warm enough, water resistant and great fittment.
I agree that it is a LOT of work just getting sizes and names together and that all of the jackets should be 1 color only.

http://www.portauthorityclothing.co...=/imglib/catl/J765_Black_Model_Front_2010.jpg

http://www.portauthorityclothing.co...glib/catl/JP54_DeepSmoke_Model_Front_2010.jpg

Lee,
Thank you for you feedback. I do not have a partlicular style in mind yet. I should receive the current Port Authority catalog later this week. Once I come up with a couple options I will post them for feed back.

Brad,
I have seen the styles you pointed out and have looked at them in the past. I will consider them as options when deciding this year.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Back