Is there a small bore "swapped motor" class in Conference?

Mike,

My mild build B16 makes 191 at the wheels. About hundred more than in ITA trim. Jon B. is putting together a very cool big brake kit to fit under 15" wheels for our cars. I also have a 1.8l turbo setup that would fit real nicely into your car.

BTW, I am planning on moving to SPU, ST, ITE this year. As time permits.

R

Very cool, Rick! Good luck with that.

Big brakes on Honda? Sweet.

You're actually going to race this year?

I agree with the others you'll need a B18 of some kind and ST should start to make sense for this type of setup. Even better you can start perfecting CRV-VTEC in a street car.

As a point of reference my B16a enduro car made 150whp on a Mustang dyno and was essentially stock.

Yeah, that's about what I figured a stock B16 would do. Honestly, I just love the sound they make at high rpm. :)

And, yes, it appears that the Big B will not ship me out to Maryland again this year. I will be making up for last year absence!

Screaming along at 8000+ RPM with the B16a does put a smile on my face. It's nothing like racing bumper-to-bumper then door-to-door in an ITA car though:smile:

Glad to hear that you'll be able to race more this year. I don't think I'll be able to do too many weekends this year, hopefully we have some healthy ITA fields when I do make it out.

They sound even better at 9000+RPM Roldan. I will be redlining at 9200.

I will be developing a B18 as well.

R

Please tune conservatively this time. That was a pretty motor you detonated.

Also, I'm a little sad to see drivers leave ITA especially when the possibility of having a good tire contingency program is right around the corner. Oh well, more free tires for me. :)

Back